1. Locate, identify and confirm mob to be shorn
2. Muster safely to yards
3. Shearing board and wool handling area is cleaned to AWEX standards.
4. Shearing heads and down tubes checked for operation.
5. Sheep are crutches prior to shearing where required.
6. Drenching/back lining equipment checked and calibrated.
7. Sheep are penned appropriately to empty out.
8. Sheep are monitored for feed and water if they are kept overnight.
Feedback to candidate
AHCSHG301A. Prepare livestock for shearing
Please note that this checklist is a hypothetical example and provides basic information only. It is not intended
take the place of, among other things, workplace, health and safety advice; medical advice, diagnosis, or
or other applicable laws. You should also seek your own professional advice to determine if the use of such
permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction.