Location of Assessmet
Evidence Collected by
Evidence Gathers ID
This checklist gathers the following information:
- PUAOHS001C Followed defined Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The report is to be completed by the supervisor or the Brigade Captain of the candidate. If the Supervisor/Brigade Captain is not n RFS Assessor, the checklist must be verified by the Primary Assessor before the qualification can be awarded.
The checklist should be used to record observations and comments about the Candidate's performance in the workplace. The checklist can be completed over a range or time and events as required in order to gather sufficient evidence.
In order to meet the requirements for NSW RFS Safety Induction and the national unit of competency.
Use Yes/No o Indicate whether the Candidate successfully demonstrated the criteria listed.
Incomplete sections indicated evidence was not collected.
1. Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control
1.1 Conduct risk assessment of usual work area including
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing levels of risk
- Considering ways to control and monitor risks
- Reporting hazards and issues to Supervisor/Captain/OIC
1.2 Explain NSW RFS safety procedures that apply to the workplace, for example:
- Use of PPE/PPC issued
- Use of any machinery or equipment in the workplace
1.3 Follow workplace procedures for dealing with emergencies, including:
- Locating closest fire extinguisher, first aid kits and Automatic Defibrillator (AED)
- Locating closest fire exits and Identifying fire wardens/first aid officers
- Completing evacuation and fire drill
1.4 Explain/Demonstrate completion of accident/incident forms
2. Contribute to participative arrangements for the management of Occupational Health and Safety.
2.1 I trounce self to WHS committee representative in the workplace.
2.2 Identify who they need to contact and how they can contact someone if they have concerns about Health and Safety
2.3 Identify opportunities to participate in team meeting about WHS.
All activities completed to required standard, within timeframe and in accordance with NSW RFS procedures.
Not Yet Competent