We realise that working through an insurance claim is stressful and we will do our best to assist you in whatever capacity we are able.
The restoration process of your claim will go through many stages before completion. This can require a wide range of trade contractors, pickup/delivery vehicles, machinery and equipment. This results in an environment that can be hazardous with the real potential for serious harm accidents and incidents to occur if these hazards are not adequately controlled. This often requires what may feel like a breach of privacy or restrictions and rules enforced by other people within ones own home.
We are governed by the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and the Health and Safety Regulations 1995, with potentially harsh financial penalties for those who fail to take ALL PRACTICAL STEPS in managing hazards that cause serious harm. As part of our commitment to the health and safety Act and more importantly our commitment to keeping you and your family safe we require you to meet our health and safety requirements.
We need to ensure, as part of our Health and Safety program, that you have been informed of possible hazards involved in the processes used in the restoration of your property. Initially you will be provided with a general Health and Safety information sheet which outlines your responsibilities whilst on our worksite and identify many of the more common hazard you will encounter. Please read this information sheet and ensure any others you bring to the site have also read them and comply with these basic requirements.
Your signature to this letter signifies that;
1. You have received a copy of this letter and a general Health and Safety information sheet.
2. You will comply with the following:
* Ensure you have permission from the contractor/technician to enter the worksite/zone.
* You will ensure everyone entering the worksite has read the general Health and Safety information sheet.
* You will read the Hazard Board and abide by any requests made regarding health and safety onsite before entering the worksite.
* You will leave the site immediately if asked to by the contractor.
* You will not bring children under 15 onto the worksite/area whilst contractors are working.
* You will supervise all persons you bring to the site.
If you have any questions, do not understand or require clarification of the above please ask before signing this document.