During opening meeting with Master & SSO on board, it was explained that the internal audit will be held against the requirements of the ISPS Code, Flag requirements and Company Requirements.
Is the copy Declaration of Company Security Officer available on board? (ISPS Code no. 6.2)
Is the Continuous Synopsis Record complete?
(SOLAS XI-2 Reg.3)
Is the SSO in possession of Certificate of Competence?
Is the procedure regarding Internal Audits known by the Master and Senior Officers?
GLSM report number of last internal audit:
Have all internal NCN's / Observations been closed out properly in GLSM and all corrective and preventive actions been done?
Are senior Officers aware, that deficiencies detected by external surveyors have to be reported by using the GLSM Safety Management Reporting.
GLSM report number of last external audit:
Have all external NCN's / Observations been closed out properly in GLSM and all corrective and preventive actions been done?
01) -Is the approved SSP updated acc. the latest amendments?
02) -Is the SSP reviewed by the SSO as required and is it reported correctly?
05) -Is the security equipment identified in the SSP being maintained?
07) -Is the AIS working properly?
08) -Are the training familiarization,drills and exercises carried out as required?
09) -Topic of last security drill:
10) -Declarations of Security issued by the SSO to be reviewed.
11) -Tour over the vessel covering all restricted areas, addressing all security equipment, interview crew at random on security related issues.
Is the list of Security Contact Points available in the latest version?
The SSO is in possession of Certificate of Competence and familiar with the security management system.
The Master is in possession of Certificate of Competence and familiar with the security management system.
The crew members understand their security duties at the different levels of security.
The security system found implemented on board according the approved SSP.
The internal audit followed a sampling process and it is possible that non-conformities may excist even in areas that have been covered by the audit.
Complete crew found motivated and well cooperative.
All Non Conformities and Observations reported with NO have to be reported in GLSM Safety Management Reporting Module by the Captain within 24 hrs after the audit has been completed.
In addition to the above-mentioned, the Captain in cooperation with the responsible officer of the Dept. has to take timely corrective action on all NCN's and Obs. and add this in the SMR as required by the ISM code no. 12.6.
The internal audit report is confidential and have to be placed in the SSP.
The internal ISPS audit has been completed. Audit Participants as per attached Audit Participants List.