Task: Maneuver and position a mobile water supply apparatus at a water shuttle fill site, given a fill site location and one or more supply hose, so that the apparatus is correctly positioned, supply hose are attached to the intake connections without having to stretch additional hose, and no objects are struck at the fill site.
PERFORMANCE OUTCOME: The fire apparatus driver/operator; given a fire department tender, shall demonstrate tank fill operations, filling from a pressurized source.
CONDITION: The operator will complete all the assigned tasks in less than 5 Minutes. Time will start after the parking brake is applied and end when water begins flowing into the apparatus tank.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: A fire department tender, the appropriate equipment to complete the assigned tasks and access to department policies, procedures and related forms.
1. Drives to the fill site and stops in correct position.
2. Sets the parking brake.
3. Deploy wheel chocks.
4. Set up the fill site, utilizing: a 50 foot sectionof 3 inch hose, one hydrant wrench and 2 1/2" gate/ball valves.
5. Connects the supply lines to the appropriate intake connections.
6. Opens the appropriate valves for the intake connections.
7. Opens the appropriate valves from pressurized source.
8. Closes the appropriate valves from pressurized source after tank if full.
9. Closes the appropriate valves for the intake connections.
10. Disconnects the intake supply lines and properly places them for the next fill operation.
11. Remove wheel chocks.
12. Drives apparatus back to starting point.
Re-test Evaluator Signature:
*Authority Having Jurisdiction will make apparatus check off sheets available for the visual check of the vehicle per their department policies and procedures. The Operator will not be allowed to use these sheets while performing this JPR.