Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs, Article 6 (2)

    This form should be completed by the Food Business Operator in respect of a new food business establishment. It should be returned to Bromley’s Food Safety Team (see below) at least 28 days before commencing food operations. On the basis of the activities carried out, certain food business establishments are required to be approved rather than registered. If you are unsure whether your business may require approval, please contact the Food Safety Team on 020 8313 4218 or at

Application for Registration

1: Address of Food Premises

  • Photograph of premises

  • Trading name of food business (Or address at which moveable establishment is kept)

  • Address of Food Premises
  • Telephone no.

2: Fussiness Operator Details

  • Full Name of food business operator(s) (owner/Partners)

  • Address of Food Business Operators(s) (Owner/Partners)
  • Telephone No:

  • Email

  • Head Office address of food business operator (where different from address of establishment)
  • Telephone no.

  • Email

  • Other:

3: Type of Food Business (Please tick ALL the boxes that apply):

  • Farm Shop

  • Food Manufacturing/Processing

  • Packer

  • Importer

  • Wholesale/Cash and Carry

  • Distribution/Warehousing

  • Retailer

  • Restaurant/Cafe/Snack Bar

  • Market

  • Seasonal Slaughter

  • Staff Restaurant/Canteen/ Kitchen

  • Catering

  • Hospital/Residential home/School

  • Private House used for a Food Bussiness

  • Moveable Establishment e.g. Ice Cream Van

  • Market Stall

  • Food Broker

  • Takeaway

  • Pre/After School Club or Holiday Club

  • Other:

6. Type of Business

  • Sole Trader:

  • Partnership:

  • Limited Company (if limited company please complet section 7):

  • Other Please give details)

7: Limited Company Details:

  • Limited Company Name:

  • Company Number:

  • Registered Office Address:

8:Number of vehicles or stalls kept at, or used from, the food business establishment and use for the purposes of preparing, selling or transporting food:5 or Less

  • 6-10

  • 11-50

  • 51+

9: Water supplied to th food business establishment:

  • Public Supply

  • Private supply

  • Signature of Food Fussiness Operator:

  • Name in Block Capitals:

  • Select date

  • * After this form has been submitted, food business operators must notify any changes to the activities stated above to London Borough of Bromley, and should do so within 28 days of the change(s) happening.



    What is registration?

    Registration of a premises used for a food business (including market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures) is required by law. Registration will allow local authorities to keep an up-to-date list of all those premises in their area so they can visit them when they need to. The frequency of the visits will depend on the type of business.

    Who needs to register?

    If you run a food business you must tell the local authority about any premises you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food. Food businesses include restaurants, take-aways, hotels, food shops, supermarkets, staff canteens, care homes, nurseries, schools, pre- and after-school clubs, food warehouses, mobile caterers, food stalls and food delivery vehicles.

    Anyone starting a new food business must register with the local authority at least 28 days before doing so.

    How do I register?

    By filling in and returning this form to your local authority. Registration cannot be refused and there is no charge. You will not routinely receive confirmation of registration.

    If you use premises in more than one local authority area, you must register with each authority separately.

    You must tick all the boxes which apply to your business, answer all the questions and give all the information requested. If you have any questions, your local authority will help you. It is an offence to give information which you know is false.

    What happens to the information given on the form?

    The local authority will enter the details on its register. A register of addresses and the type of business carried on at each will be open to inspection by the general public. Records of the other information provided will not be publicly available.


    Once you have registered with the Local Authority, you are required to notify them of a change of proprietor, if the nature of the business changes, or if there is a change of the address at which movable premises are kept. The new proprietor will have to complete an application form.

    If the local authority wishes to change the entry in the Register because of information which it receives from someone else, you will be given 28 days notice and an opportunity to comment on the proposed change.

    These notes are provided for information only and should not be regarded as a complete statement of the law.

The templates available in our Public Library have been created by our customers and employees to help get you started using SafetyCulture's solutions. The templates are intended to be used as hypothetical examples only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice. You should seek your own professional advice to determine if the use of a template is permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction. You should independently determine whether the template is suitable for your circumstances.