Some useful questions to ask……
New Employee / Existing Employee
• Ask about experience of first day
• What (induction) training have you received?
• Were you made aware of the main hazards in you job? What are they?
• When do you feel unsafe?
• Tell me about what PPE you were given and what instruction in its use were you given?
• How often do you see management on the shop floor?
• Did you contribute to the site H&S plan? If yes, in what way? If no, why not?
• How else do you contribute to the safety on site?
• Do you get involved in risk assessments? If so, how?
• If you were given a large sum of money to improve safety or wellbeing at this site – what would you do?
• What are the key risks in your job?
• What risks do you see in terms of international travel and driving on company business?
• What controls are in place for the above?
• Describe a time when you have felt unsafe when visiting production areas or customer premises.
• Do you have a way of feeding this back to your leader? Is anything done about it? If not, what should be done to improve the situation?
• Have you been given instruction and training in the safe use of Display screens? If yes, what did that involve? If no, how could we rectify that?
• What would you do on discovering a fire? What does the alarm sound like?
• What is the selection criteria for contractors?
• What work are you doing? Does it involve any major risk and was a risk assessment process carried out?
• Has a Permit to Work been issued? If so, what are the key things the permit requires of you?
• What is your view on the usefulness of the permit as a control measure?
• Was a Method Statement required to win the work / contract?
• Have you, the workers, seen the Method Statement? Are you able to comply with it?
• Are you ever monitored by Berry CPI (site) Management? What was the outcome?
• What Berry CPI H&S processes are you involved in? Such as H&S committee (for permanent or regular contractors)
• How could things be improved?
• What was the last injury you treated?
• Were any actions taken to prevent it happening again?
• What is the most common accident you treat?
• Do you have any suggestions on improving the situation?
• Is advice given to workers on healthier living (diet, exercise etc)?
• Is there an automated external defibrillator (AED) on site? What training has been given?
Recently Injured Person
• What happened?
• Was the treatment adequate?
• Were you interviewed and were any actions you suggested acted upon?
• Do they now feel safe doing the same job? If not, what needs to be done?
• Are there any other tasks you feel unsafe doing?
• Are workers supported when returning to work following an injury or illness?
Please enter details of any positives discussion points, behaviours and physical conditions
Please add photographs of any positives - discussion points, behaviours and physical conditions
Opportunities for Improvement
Please enter details of any opportunities for improvement from discussion points, behaviours and physical conditions
Please add photographs of any opportunities for improvement - discussion points, behaviours and physical conditions