1. Did staff pull the pull station?
2. Did staff know the emergency number to call?
3. Did staff close doors promptly?
4. Does staff know where the fire extinguisher(s) are located?
5. Could staff explain how to use a fire extinguisher or P.A.S.S (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep).
6. Did staff know the meaning of RACE? Rescue, Alarm, Contain, Extinguish.
7. Was staff able to locate medical gas zone valves?
8. Did staff know who is authorized to shut off medical gas zone valves? FRESH, Fire Chief, Respiratory Therapy, Engineering, Safety Officer, House Coordinator.
9. We're evacuation corridors cleared of carts and or any other temporary obstructions?
10. Did staff know where and how to move patients away from fire location?
11. Was the staff able to locate their written fire and evacuation/relocation plan and the evacuation diagram?
12. Was staff able to locate emergency preparedness manual and the emergency conditions matrix?