Length of Service
Have you heard about the Racetech Structure fire in Petone in August 2013
Have you seen the Racetech Presentation
What were the key learning points you took away from the case study?
What are you doing differently since seeing the case study?
How has your brigade/crew changed its practices as a result of seeing the Racetech case study
Do you think you the series of events that lead to the Racetech accident could occur in your area/briagde (if YES why? If NO why not?)
- Give them to a officer
- Keep them until ECO is established
- Place tallies next to the pump panel and advise pump operator that immediate entry is required
- Complete Tallies and hand them to the Entry Control Officer
- The BA team should complete a buddy check after starting upp
- Check Communications so they are able to communicate with the Incident Controller and the ECO
- 16 or more persons are committed operationally at an incident
- Hazardous substances are involved and a Hot Zone Cordon is established
- Live fire is been undertaken
- Operating in unusual/ unfamiliar circumstances
- The NZFS is not the lead agency and a Safety Officer is specifically for NZFS operations
Do you have any other comments about the Racetech Case study?
0 = No confidence (Unable to easily recall information)
5 = Moderate Confidence (Able to recall some information)
10 = High Confidence (Able to answer fluently and with confidence)