- Check the store for signs of forced entry
- Check all lighting, surveillance cameras, and alarm systems
- Conduct toolbox talk meeting
- Ensure shelves are stocked
- Count inventory and order as needed
- Verify incoming shipment
- Ensure all products on display are clean, damage free, and up to date
• Store equipment
- Ensure POS system, cash registers, printers, phones, are functioning properly
- Check work e-mail/websites for the customer and corporate updates
• Cash management
- Verify previous night's deposits and set up registers
- Set up displays or boards with the daily sale or upsell items
• Employee management
- Ensure all employees wear appropriate uniform
- Plan daily breaks, set up sales or commendation boards
- Inspect the cleanliness and stock quality/appearance
- Set room temperature
- Ensure "open" sign was posted
Retail Store Daily Checklist - Opening
Use this Retail Store Daily Checklist to confirm retail opening tasks that include conducting toolbox talk meetings, ensuring all merchandise on display are clean, undamaged, and up to date, and checking if electronic devices like the POS system, cash registers, printers, and phones are functioning properly before commencement of operations. Use iAuditor to take photos of the store’s areas for improvement and generate reports on the spot.
The templates available in our Public Library have been created by our customers and employees to help get you started using SafetyCulture's solutions.
The templates are intended to be used as hypothetical examples only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice.
You should seek your own professional advice to determine if the use of a template is permissible in your workplace or jurisdiction.
Any ratings or scores displayed in our Public Library have not been verified by SafetyCulture for accuracy.
Users of our platform may provide a rating or score that is incorrect or misleading.
You should independently determine whether the template is suitable for your circumstances.
You can use our Public Library to search based on criteria such as industry and subject matter.
Search results are based on their relevance to your search and other criteria. We may feature checklists based on subject matters we think may be of interest to our customers.