1. All chemicals and cleaning products are properly labeled.
2. All chemical containers are capped.
3. If bleach is present in the building, safety committee properly authorized it.
4. Chemical cleaning products are stored below eye level. (5 feet)
5. Storage closets/areas are clean and organized.
6. Vacuums, buffers, brute barrels, maid carts and ladders are in good working order.
7. Heavy supplies are stored below shoulder level.
8. When carrying trash, crew members avoid contact with the body.
(carry in a manner that will not allow needle punctures, cuts, etc. from objects protruding through plastics.)
9. Employees use items other than hands or feet to pack trash (small trash cans).
10. Brute barrels are drilled (with wheels) or tipped over (without wheels) before trash is removed.
11. All connections are made with dry feet and hands.
12. All equipment is disconnected prior to cleaning or adjusting and no equipment is left running and unattended.
13. Only UL approved extension cords are in use and are stored properly.
14. Equipment is checked properly for dust build-up around electrical motors (electrical hazards).
15. All plugs are grounded (3-prong).
16. Employees are pulling plugs out of the wall by the plug, not by the cord.
17. Electrical equipment switches are in good operating conditions.
18. Crew Members demonstrated good lifting techniques.
19. Employees have been instructed not to use elevators to exit the building during a fire.
20. All aisle way to emergency exits are clear and unobstructed.
21. Employees have been shown the nearest and alternative emergency escape routes.
22. Emergency numbers are clearly displayed and all employees know where they are located.
23. Back support belts have been issued to all appropriate personnel and employees are wearing them properly. (Optional)
24. Employees are utilizing proper safety equipment for designated jobs.
25. Wet floor signs and barricade tape are being used properly.
26. Employees are wearing proper footwear (No shoes with leather soles, high heels or exposed portions of the foot).
27. Material Safety Data Sheets are readily available.
28. Employees know where MSDS's are located and UNDERSTAND them.
29. All employees are properly uniformed and I.D. badges are clearly displayed.
30. When in office suites, employees are working behind locked doors.
31. Building keys are issued and SIGNED OUT/ SIGNED IN by the cleaning crew.
32. Unauthorized family members or friends are not present in the building.
33. Floor meets minimum co-efficient of friction standards. (Slip meter testing)
34. All eligible crew members are playing Safety Bingo