1. Signage at site in place and correct
2. WHS Management Plan available & signed by all parties.
WHS Management Plan - Revision No: Date:
3. Company policies displayed.
4. General construction industry induction- records available
5. Site specific safety inductions- conducted.
6. WHS Adviser has been appointed to the site.
7. WHS Representatives- have been elected on site.
8. Pre-start meetings - held before work starts and is documented.
9. Toolbox meetings conducted regularly
10. Toolbox meeting minutes distributed to onsite personnel.
11. Access to MANGO Action requests available.
12. Interrupt site services or Safety conditions Request (form JMK-PP-10f) been completed where services or safety conditions to an organisation may be affected by construction work activity.
13. Demolition work - Site services control guide (form JMK-PP-10e) has been completed prior to commencement.
2. EMERGENCY & FIRST AID
1. Emergency evacuation procedures are in place
2. Names and contact details of emergency warden displayed.
3. Emergency facilities and equipment are adequate and maintained.
3(i) Exit signs
3(iv) Paths of travel.
3(v) Fire extinguishers.
4. First Aid kit is available & location prominently displayed.
5. Name and contact details of first aider displayed
6. Incident report forms are available.
3. WORK. ENVIRONMENT
1. Warning signs - located at risk areas.
2. Amenities- available, adequate and maintained.
3. House keeping- controlled; paths of travel are clear.
4. PPE- being worn.
5. Site is adequately secured against unauthorized access.
6. There is sufficient lighting to allow to be conducted safely.
7. There is sufficient lighting in stairwells etc... to allow safe evacuation in an emergency.
8. There is adequate ventilation to enable workers to carry out work without H&S risk.
9. Working conditions are satisfactory (not working in extremes of heat or cold)
10. Controls in place to ensure workers are not exposed to H&S risks when working in extremes of heat or cold.
11. Work is being carried out away from essential services.
12. Safety controls are in place to ensure persons performing work near or to essential services are not exposed to H&S risks.
. Licences/ Competency evidence available
Cranes & hoist
11mtr Boom EWP.
1B. Other plant and equipment
2. Register has been developed for the site.
3. Risk assessments have been conducted (form JMK-PP-08c)
4. Plant & equipment (other than hand tools) checked prior to use (form JMK-PP-10g)
5. Is regularly maintained.
6. Maintenance records are available.
7. Machinery guarding complies with relevant standards.
1. Hazardous chemicals are stored on site.
2. Hazardous chemical storage is adequate.
3. Hazardous chemicals are stored correctly.
4. SDS's are available for hazardous chemicals.
5. Hazardous chemical register (form JMK-PP-10b) is available & up to date.
6. Hazardous chemicals Risk assessments have been done.
6. WORK METHOD. STATEMENTS
Crane (mobile/ tower)
2. SWMS' have been checked (using form JMK-PP-10a)
7. HEIGHTS ACCESS & WORK
1. Ladders extend 1.0mtrs above access & secured against movement.
2. Work at heights permits have been issued for persons using fall arrest/travel restraint harness and lanyard systems.
3. Harness & lanyard- 6 monthly inspection records available.
1. Permanent live wiring in the construction work area is clearly identified.
2. Temporary construction wiring is clearly identified.
3. R.C.D. protection being used.
4. Electrical equipment on site (leads, tools, RCD, epods, temp. switchdoards, ) have been tested and tagged in last 3 months.
5. Portable switch boxes (epods) are labelled showing number/feed.
6. Temporary switch boards (numbered, signage on door, door shut etc....)
7. Electrical leads protected against damage.
1. Complies with the code of practice.
2. Hand-over certificate available on site.
3. Scafftags are attached to the scaffolding
1. Excavation control guide (form JMK-PP-10d) has been completed and issued to excavator operator & crew prior to excavation work commencing.
2. Trenches are barricaded, shores, battered or benched where required.
3. Excavations are barricaded when not worked upon.
11. CONFINED. SPACE
1. Confined space work is being carried out.
2. Confined spaces controls are in place for the work..
1. Fumes from paint or solvents controlled.
2. Controls are in place to prevent gas from being released into the atmosphere.
3. Dust suppression controls are available and being used at the site.
4. Exhaust emissions appropriate controls are being used.
1. Electricity use is minimized where possible.
2. Air-conditioning and heating is being used efficiently.
1. Controls are in place where noise levels exceed 85dB(A).
2. Hours of work are in compliance with EPA requirements (6.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday)
3. Plant and equipment use appropriate noise silencers.
1. Oils & fuels are stored in designated storage areas.
2. Binding is in place to capture any leaks.
3. Spill containment kit is available at site.
4. Used oils are disposed of by recycling.
1. Erosion/ sediment controls are established and maintained.
2. Controls have been established for items of cultural heritage.
3. Underground services have been located and identified.
4. Controls are in place to prevent soil from being deposited on public roads (from vehicles leaving site)
1. Controls have been established to minimize the project impact on fauna.
2. Controls are appropriate to prevent the spread of declared plants.
1. Ozone depleting gases are captured in recovery vessels.
2.Bio-degradable cleaning substances are used where possible.
1. Landscaping & Revegetation requirements have been identified.
1. Waste materials are separated and recycled where possible.
2. Hazardous waste is disposed of in the approved manner,
1. Water use is minimised.
2. Controls are adequate to prevent silt entering storm water system.
3. Controls are adequate to prevent solvents entering the sewerage system.
Tap to enter information
Project Manager/ Supervisor.
Management Services Officer.
Tap to enter information