We recently discussed with you the increase in Revisits for Sky Q and how we need to ensure that all of us are all doing everything we can to reduce this figure. Right first time for each customer is still an expectation we strive to achieve.
We appreciate all your hard work and efforts so far and know that you are working tirelessly to get it right and deliver the best service possible to our customers.
We have completed a round of Team meetings and hopefully you have gained more knowledge and insight into the product, but also the impact that these revisit are having for all.
Below are some clear messages that we require everyone to follow. I am sure you understand the need to get this right and we are confident you will do your utmost to support us in this.
▪ The product – We have invested a lot of time, money, training and focus on this being delivered to our customers…….it in our interest for this to be a success.
▪ You our people – Workloads are extremely high at that moment and these are increasing with the number of service visits on Q filtering through. We have given additional support by adding an extra 10 mins to each Q visit and also changed the install process on IKnow 2, which should save an additional 10 minutes if followed correctly.
▪ Our Customers – We are committed to delivering the best service in the country. We want to be able to keep on track with this endeavour, to ensure our existing customers stay with us and new customers continue to join us.
▪ Chrome App - On every visit a Chrome App must be run throughout visit and once at the end showing good connectivity on each Q Product.
This will allow you to see any potential issues prior to leaving site. A solution can then be found and put in place to provide a stable service and better experience for you and our customers.
▪ Data Loggers – Full Data Loggers will be obtained on each Q Install/ Service and uploaded to Sky FS App.
This will help you eliminate interference, cabling or transponder issues, which may impact the customer after you leave and result in a potential revisit.
▪ SM3 Wifi Analyser – Checking each location a Q Product is to be installed, for good Wi-Fi coverage. Where readings are higher than 70db, use Boosters or Ethernet to bridge gap.
Will save you time in problem solving after the event, but also minimise risk of future issues after you have left the property.
▪ Iknow2 – Iknow2 will be followed for each and every install and service call. Where I encounter technically problems, I will refer to Iknow2 for support.
Will help you be timely, productive and efficient and give you freedom to self-learn as you go.
▪ Customer – Explain to customer fully how the system works with connectivity being emphasised, but also explaining all equipment is to be left positioned and connected as you’ve installed.
This will reduce chances of customer moving or switching off key equipment, which may cause system to fail, resulting in a revisit. Knowledge is power!
▪ Q Tech – There are as we know instances where it may not have been possible to stabilise and secure a good connection on 1 or more Q products. In the event you find yourself in this situation, please use the Sky Q London escalation form and complete in full. This should be sent to your local Q Tech and Team Manager.
This will ensure full ownership of each and every visit is taken, with customer expectations met and understanding of next steps being agreed. This will reduce chance of a revisit.
▪ High Performers – In each team there are hypo individuals which have good experience and low revisits. Speak to these engineers and ask what they are doing to return good results.
Peer to peer learning is much more effective, which also allows you to share success and potential issues.
▪ Feedback - Connectivity remains the largest single cause of revisits, some we could control and some may be out of the DTH engineer’s control. If you are requested to give feedback on a Sky Q service call, please be clear and constructive on what the issue was and how you or it can be resolved.
This will allow us to better understand any potential issues, providing us feedback which will help us to plan accordingly and support you and our customers in delivering this great product effectively.
Ask yourself this question after every visit: Are you confident that this is a fully optimised system with no uncertainties which may result in a return visit by one of your colleagues? If the answer is No, then call your Team Manager/ Ambo or Q Tech for further advice and support.
Team Manager Name