SECTION A - FIRE, LIFE SAFETY SYSTEMS (FLSS) HIGH RISKS
A1. Are sprinklers fitted in all areas of the retail unit?
- A1.1 The sprinkler system needs to be extended to cover the entire retail unit
- A1.2 No existing sprinkler system covering the retail unit
- A1.3 There are sprinkler heads fixed above the false ceiling height
A2. Is there a retail unit fire alarm panel installed and is the display showing fault free?
- A2.1 Fire panel not installed
- A2.2 Fire panel installed but displaying fault
A3. Is there a 24/7 DCD fire panel installed? (answer Yes Or No only)
- A3.1 No 24/7 DCD fire panel is installed within the retail unit
- A3.2 The 24/7 DCD fire panel should be installed during the next scheduled refurbishment
A4. Does the smoke/heat detection system fitted throughout the retail unit provide adequate coverage?
- A4.1 A number of areas have no smoke detection
- A4.2 There are specific areas that require heat detection
- A4.3 Fire detection devices are not properly secured to the ceiling
A5. Is the retail area completely separated from the storage area by fire resistant construction, up to base build concrete ceiling height, preventing fire and smoke travel to adjacent areas?
- A5.1 The storage area is not completely separated from the retail area
- A5.2 Storage area not seperated by construction up to base build concrete ceiling height
A6. Has a mezzanine floor been correctly designed, constructed and installed with adequate fire protection?
- A6.1 The mezzanine floor was found to exceed one third of storage room floor area
- A6.2 There is no sprinkler coverage beneath the mezzanine floor
- A6.3 No smoke detection installed beneath the mezzanine floor
- A6.4 No fire exit signage is visible beneath the mezzanine floor
- A6.5 No emergency lighting is installed beneath the mezzanine floor
SIGNATURE ONLY REQUIRED IF ANY OF THE ANSWERS ARE MARKED "NO" IN SECTION A. MANAGER or SUPERVISOR: I acknowledge the deficiencies that have been identified in SECTION A of this report as tenant or as employee of the tenant. I also understand the urgent corrective actions that are required.
PLEASE SEE INDIVIDUAL FOLLOW UP ITEMS FOR ALL URGENT "CLOSE OUT ACTIONS" REQUIRED FOR ALL FLSS HIGH RISKS THAT HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED. PLEASE SIGN EACH CLOSE OUT ITEM INDIVIDUALLY, PROVIDING THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATION (IF REQUIRED). RETURN THE FULL REPORT INCLUSIVE OF ALL EVIDENCE AND SIGNATURES TO YOUR RETAIL RELATIONSHIP MANAGER.
COMPLETION SIGN OFF DATE BY THIRD PARTY FOR ALL FLSS HIGH RISKS: FIRE SAFETY DIRECTOR
SECTION B - GENERAL FIRE SAFETY RISKS
B1. Can all sprinkler heads operate fully throughout the retail unit?
- B1.1 A number of sprinkler heads were found to be painted over
- B1.2 Sprinkler coverage obstructed due to high stacked goods (within 1 meter of sprinkler head)
B2. Is the BMS fire panel maintained and maintenance label displayed?
- B2.1 No evidence of maintenance label on the fire alarm panel
B3. Can the fire detection system operate normally (e.g. detectors are not covered over)?
- B3.1 Smoke/heat detectors found covered
B4. Are all means of escape, access and egress routes kept unlocked and clear from obstructions?
- B4.1 Means of escape routes were found to be obstructed
- B4.2 Means of escape final exit door was found to be blocked
- B4.3 Means of escape final exit door was found to be locked
- B4.4 Emergency exit door(s) were found defective
B5. Are all emergency exit signs & lights displayed and working correctly?
- B5.1 Electrical emergency exit sign(s) were found to be defective
- B5.2 A number of emergency light(s) were found to be defective
- B5.3 Emergency exit signage indequate or missing
B6. Is there evidence to show that at least 10% of the staff have been given fire extinguisher training in lieu with UAE Fire, Life, and Safety Code of Practice by a DCD approved provider?
- B6.1 10% of staff require fire extinguisher training in accordance with UAE fire and Life Safety Code 2011
- B6.2 No evidence of training records, tenant to maintain records on site
B7. Are all portable electrical appliances (microwaves, hot plates, kettle, refrigerators, etc.) including the use of all electrical extension leads removed from storage area?
- B7.1 Portable electrical appliances must be removed immediately
- B7.2 Mall management must approve use of all office electrical goods in storage area
- B7.3 Electrical cooking equipment is being used in storage area and must be removed immediately
- B7.4 Electrical multi-socket extension leads are not permitted in the storage area
B8. Are there adequate number of fire extinguishers in place?
- B8.1 There is an indequate number of fire extingiushers
- B8.2 Fire extinguishers are obstructed
- B8.3 Fire extinguishers are not correctly mounted
- B8.4 Fire extinguishers found defective and/or expired
- B8.5 Fire extinguisher(s) not identified by appropriate signage
B9. Are flammable materials being stored correctly and in low quantities?
- B9.1 Flammable materials are being excessively stored creating a high fire loading within the retail unit
B10. Are goods stored and stacked with 1 meter clearance below sprinkler heads?
- B10.1 Sprinkler heads were found to be blocked by high stacking of stock
- B10.2 Remove stock to provide 1 meter clearance below the sprinkler heads
B11. Is there any evidence of storage use above the false ceilings (e.g. ladders leading up to the false ceiling, access panels, etc.)?
- B11.1 Area above the false ceiling is being used as a storage area
MANAGER or SUPERVISOR: I acknowledge the deficiencies that have been identified in both SECTION A & SECTION B of this report, as tenant or as employee of the tenant. I also understand the urgent corrective actions that are required.
COMPLETION DATE OF ALL GENERAL FIRE SAFETY RISKS RESOLVED: NAME & SIGNATURE OF ERU FIRE COMMAND OFFICER: