1. Are the exterior lights in working condition and on at the appropriate time?
Parking lot, signs, patio and building
2. Are posted signs professional in appearance and relevant?
Check signage for professional looking appearance and lamination. Check for relevant content (holiday hours etc.)
3. Are the exterior grounds clean, free of debris and safe?
Check entry sidewalk and doorway for cleanness. Check landscape and around facility. Check for unsafe conditions such as pot holes, equipment or sidewalks.
4. Are exterior doors presentable and in good working condition?
1. Is service counter and waiting area clean and presentable?
2. Are main floors clean and well maintained?
Look at the general area and under tables/booths for debris
3. Are tables and chairs well maintained?
Check for signs of excessive ware, damage and miss-match (non standard furniture), broken furniture or lop sided tables
4. Is decor clean and free of dust?
Check hanging decor, plant, furniture, windows and interior signage
5. Are posted signs professional in appearance and relevant?
1. Did the cashier greet the customer friendly, make eye contact and pause for customer response?
within 10-15 seconds
2. Did the cashier place the order within 1 min.?
Check the time from customer arriving at counter to when order is placed
3. Did the cashier assist an undecided customer with feature items or personal favorites?
If customer is undecided, did the cashier help by offering the feature items or asking leading questions to make suggestions - knowledge of the menu and the ingredients
4. Did cashier repeat back the order to customer?
5. Were customer drinks served within 1 min.?
From time ordered to served
6. Was the customer thanked for their patronage?
7. Was food delivered timely in accordance with company policy?
4-6 min breakfast; 5-8 min lunch
8. Were all food orders accurate during visit?
Customer not satisfied with order (example: hot, cold, added or missing items). Incorrect menu items service. Note: ensure we visit the expo or server immediately to get issue details and ticket number to note.
9. Was the table bussed within 2 min. of customer's departure?
Time from customers departure and the bussing of the table. Check for signs of server pre-bussing the table.
Back of House
1. Is the recipe book actively being used?
During cooking hours, look for book physically out at cooking area; ask KM how they validate recipe compliance
2. Is the food preparation and presentation in accordance to corporate policy?
Check for right portions, placement of food on plate and condition of chinaware. Refer to look book.
3. Has the BOH management team had a staff meeting within the last 90 days?
Check log for meeting agenda and validate with HR
4. Are the vendor par level sheets being utilized?
Ask MK for Par Level Sheets; look for use to current date/day of the week.
5. Are the prep par level sheets being utilized?
Look for prep par level clip board in kitchen. Check for use.
6. Was the unit labeling, dating and rotating merchandise in the unit?
Check walk in cooler containers - first in first out.
7. Is the kitchen area (including coolers, storage and dock areas) organized and clean of debris?
Check general kitchen area. Check for proper utilization and cleanliness. Check floor area for signs of grease - areas should not be slippery.
8. Are the employees dress and appearance in accordance to company policy?
Check company manual for proper dress/appearance guidelines.
Safety and Sanitation
1. Are proper sanitation and cross-contamination prevention procedures being followed?
Check kitchen environment for violations. Are employees washing hands regularly.
2. Does every cooler have a thermostat inside of the unit and are they recording 40 degrees or below?
Visit walk in and reach in coolers and record temp in audit
3. Is the food holding the required temperature?
Check temperature with thermometer - the holding temperature is 135 degrees for hot food and below 40; measure any food in kitchen to include steam table, reach ins and food in transition
4. Are safety and sanitation instructions posted?
Check kitchen for safety instructions.
5. Are exhaust filters cleaned weekly?
Check the condition of the filters for excessive grim build up.
6. Are weekly safety talks being held?
Refer to BOH log book
7. Are personal hygiene policies being followed?
Hair net, washing hands between touching food items etc.
8. Is the cleaning closet clean and well organized?
Check cleaning storage area for proper labeling of cleaning supplies.
9. Is the kitchen equipment being used safely and properly?
Used safely as per manufactures instructions.
10. Is the kitchen equipment maintained in a good and safe condition?
Check cooking areas, frying stations and prep area for signs of grease build up; Check condition of equipment. Look for excessive wear, torn or broken parts and unsafe items.
11. Are cutting gloves worn by all employees? (in task item)
Check during usage. Cutting gloves should be worn by employees when using knives.
Front of House
1. Has the FOH management team had an employee meeting within the last 90 days?
Check the log on site
2. Are daily pre-shift meetings held for FOH employees?
Check FOH log book
3. Are weekly safety talks being held?
4. Are weekly policy and procedure talks being conducted?
5. Was the FOH manager consistently visiting guests?
Look for FOH manager engaging guests in a positive and friendly manner.
6. Were the restrooms clean, organized and free of unsafe conditions?
Check floors, sinks and receptacles.
7. Are the employees dress and appearance in accordance to company policy?
Non skid-shoes, uniform and appearance as detailed in employee manual.
8. Is the Non-Alcoholic drink preparation and presentation in accordance to corporate policy?
Example: foggy tea, cup used etc.
9. Are all BOH Managers SafeServ Certified?
10. Are all employees (including manager) that handle alcoholic beverages TABC certified?
To Go Operations
1. Did the To-Go cashier greet the guest within 15 seconds?
2. Was the order placed within 1 min. from guest coming to counter? (walk in guests)
3. Was the order packaged and ready for the guest within the correct cycle time?
Breakfast 6 min., Lunch 8 min., Dinner 12 min.
4. Was the order accuracy checked for each customer?
check if order was repeated back to customer on phone or walk in