1. Driver maintains speed limit at all times
2. Driver maintains lane discipline
3. Check erratic behaviour, unnecessary overtaking or lane change.
4. Other observations
1. Diary/log book, work schedule maintained
2. Check diary/log for regular breaks
3. Lane discipline
4. Other observations (RMS Driver Code of conduct, Speed onroad -into out of site, school zones, roundabouts, pedestrian crossings, tailgating, phone use)
1. Random observations;
- is the load over- width
- is the load over- height
- are RMS permits / approval required.
Mass - other observations.
2. Tailgate / air- pressure lock
3. Grain lock ( secondary device )
4. Truck driver behaviour ( tailgating, indicating correctly, observance of road rules.
5. School zones / pedestrian crossings.
6. Obeying traffic lights.
7. Roundabouts & intersections (giving way) 8. Phone use
9. Blinkers and indicating used.
10. Brake lights operational.
11. Headlights operational
13. Parking up in unsuitable locations.
14. Route taken
1. Truck displaying rego plates
2. Condition overall of truck/trailer - any loose items on truck.
3. Spoil trucks clean yolk and or trailer hitch prior to leaving site (avoid dropping clumps of dirt)
4. Loads evenly distributed on flat bed.
5. Sound methods for prevention of uncontrolled movement.
6. Check wear and tear on binder straps, chains etc.