Common point of interest discussed?
Verbalise your appreciation for their level of commitment. Recognise the work they are doing and their contribution to the project.
What has your experience on the project been like so far? How is the project different from other projects you have worked on?
Negative aspects of working with AMS?
Tell me about the works on site.
What hazards have the highest risk; those that could injure you or others, or worse?
What controls are you using to manage the hazards? If essential controls aren't in place, discuss why.
Are all controls in place?
- Work Pack
- Melbourne Water Permit
- Other Safe Work Permits
- Daily Pre-Start risk assessment
What is AMS' safety approach and beliefs?
- Near Misses
- First Aid injuries
- Medical Treatment
- Lost Time Injuries
- High Potential Incidents
- Environmental Incidents
Any comments or observations you'd like to make?
- Excavation activities
- Confined space entry
- Earthworks / channel works
- Working on, over or near water
- Structural works
- Electrical commissioning
- Instrumentation systems
- Control systems design, monitoring, SCADA
- HV works / HV Switchboards
- Transformer Installation & works
- Mechanical commissioning
- Mechanical pipework fabrication, installations
- Fire service installation
- Sewer main works, structures, fittings
- Water main works, structures, fittings
- Other pipeline works
- Pump works
- Valve/Penstock works
- Hydro excavation
- Building works / refurbishment
- Welding activities
- Crane activities
- Road works / construction
- Traffic management
- Concrete structures
- Working at height
- Roofing works
- Tank works
- Environmental works
- Site inspection / audits
Other site activity not on the list:
Housekeeping and Layout:
Security of equipment:
Worksite delineation, barricades and signage:
- Sedimentation controls; fences / bags / mats
- Noise / dust controls
- Flora and fauna controls
- Vibration controls
- Indigenous heritage requirements
- Cultural heritage requirements
- Waste management controls
- Stockpiling controls
- Soil disposal tracking
- Hazardous substances - used, stored correctly, SDS available
Other controls not on the list:
Environmental controls adequate ?
- Melbourne Water Permit for works
- Trenching Permit
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Hot work permit
- Working at height permit
- Isolation permit
- WorkSafe Excavation Notification
- Council Approvals
- EPA permit / notification
- Certificates of competency recorded
- Verification of competency undertaken
- Licences, tickets for equipment / machinery / task on site
- Licences, tickets not available
Lock-out and Tag-out:
- Signed by employees, contractors, site visitors
- Records available
- Discussion covers daily activities
- Records not available
- No discussion about site hazards
- Not signed by everyone on site
All measuring equipment such as gas monitors calibrated?
All plant and equipment within servicing period eg forklifts, welding machines?
Are employees ensuring they are not placing themselves in Line of Fire ?
Are employees selecting appropriate Tools and Equipment and wearing correct PPE ?
Are employees keeping Eyes on Hands whilst doing works which could result in injury ?
Are employees Looking Before Moving ?
Are employees Communicating their intent to others ?
Are employees using correct manual handling techniques to maintain correct Position and Effort ?
Are employees Assessing and Re-assessing the area ?
Are employees maintaining Eyes on Path whilst moving around the worksite ?
Is electrical equipment positioned appropriately, with test and tag in date?
Are fire extinguishers positioned correctly with clear access, tested and tag in date?
Are gas bottles / cannisters within date, as per compliance stamp?
Harnesses, slings, lifting gear checked?
Scaffold systems inspected and tagged?
Are Confined Space Entries being carried out in accordance with AMS and MW procedural requirements?
Are Trenching activities being carried out in accordance with AMS and legislative requirements?
Are activities being carried out On, Over or Near Water being undertaken in a safe manner?
Are appropriate controls used for ascending and descending to and from work areas > 2 metres?
Are appropriate PPE and controls in place for welding, cutting or grinding activities?
Are required controls in place for LV and/or HV activities?
Are required controls in place for Crane/Lifting activities?
Positives / Good Practice Consider - Leadership, employee engagement, machinery condition, PPE, LOTO, vehicle / pedestrian interface, manual handling
Opportunities for improvement / Concern Consider - Leadership, employee engagement, machinery condition, PPE, LOTO, vehicle / pedestrian interface, manual handling
Photos & Sign-off
Note other comments here: