Skill in Methods
Not Applicable (N/A)
Below (B) = somewhat clumsy, fumbles, hesitations (loses time)
Meet (M) = steady, proficient, average (neither gains or loses time)
Exceed (E) = safely reduces motion, quick, smooth (gains time)
1. Associate obtains lift, immediately after assignment is given by supervisor.
2. Associate obtains pallet needing deslat, proceeds to the pallet inverter in an efficient and safe manner.
3. Associate safely sets pallet in the inverter.
4. Once the pallet is properly set, the associate properly inverts the pallet on side.
5. Associate safely removes slats from inverted pallet, using approved technique.
6. After slats are removed, the associate safely returns the inverted pallet to it's original upright position.
7. Safety removed deslatted pallet from inverter and stage on dock.
8. Properly plastic wrap staged pallet, apply label to make pallet putaway ready.
9. Associate repeats above steps until all pallets have slats removed and made putaway ready.
10. Immediately inform supevisor with deslat process is complete and obtain next assignment.
Safety remarks required
Scoring Safety Elements
Below (B) = does not comply and/or understand
Meet (M) = understands and performs most of the time
Exceed (E) = understands and performs all the time
Scoring Performance Estimate
Below (B) = less than 0 Meet (M) = greater than 0 but less than +10 Exceed (E) = greater than +10
Skills in Methods
Below = somewhat clumsy, adds motion, fumbles, hesitation, errors
Meet = follows methods, proficient, consistent, steady, average
Exceed = precise and smooth, quick and sure, reduces motions, smart, perfection
Below = slow, not best effort, slow motion
Meet = steady, enthusiastic, average
Exceed = fast, focused, sometimes too much
Below = does not try to avoid delay, exceeds delay allowances, stops working to talk
Meet = minimizes delay by following the methods, continues working while talking, sometimes successful at avoiding delay
Exceed = eliminates delay by eliminating motion, always works - never talks, always successful at avoiding delay
5-Step Coaching Model
1) Convey Positive Intent
2) Describe behavior and actions observed
3) State impact of desired coachable behavior(s)
4) Ask associate to respond
5) Focus discussion on solution
Was a Coachable Moment Observed:
Coachable Behavior (Additional notes about employee's performance during this observation)
Quality Audit by Manager
CMO Quality Feedback