Skill in Methods
Not Applicable (N/A)
Below (B) = somewhat clumsy, fumbles, hesitations (loses time)
Meet (M) = steady, proficient, average (neither gains or loses time)
Exceed (E) = safely reduces motion, quick, smooth (gains time)
1. Confirms assignment on the VMU without undue delay and fills out shipping label accurately.
2. Operator selects efficient picking order and start location.
3. Travels to empty pallet area to obtain correct platform type using a direct route (if required by pick).
4. Travels to selected pick location in most direct route possible.
5. Operator scans to verify product lot and location are correct before picking cases.
6. If picking all remaining cases, operator obtains full pallet (proceed to step 15).
7. If required to pull pallet from ground or air location, operator sets down customer pallet near pick location.
8. Repositions pick location pallet as required to gain access to all cases.
9. Parks lift next to customer pallet to reduce walking distance and motion.
10. Cut and remove plastic wrap as necessary to start pick.
11. Places cases upright on customer pallet, minimizing touches and excess movement.
12. Builds shippable ready pallet with one piece of wood.
13. Returns remaining pallet quantity to original storage location.
14. Selects all cases within two bays without moving equipment.
15. Clean and remove dunnage from pick area, before proceeding to next location.
16. Enters in picked quantity on VMU and proceeds in direct route to next pick location.
17. If count back, operator accurately counts remaining quantity and enters in correct quantities.
18. If inventory issues exist follow appropriate warehouse procedures to resolve.
19. Once complete, wraps pallet with 6 wraps and no more than 9, in a tight pattern from bottom to top.
20. Scans shipping label and places label on top right corner of completed pallet.
21. Proceeds to designated staging area in direct route depositing pallet in the correct lane requested on VMU.
22. Scans the correct stage location to complete the pick and proceeds to next assignment in an efficent manner.
Safety remarks required
Scoring Safety Elements
Below (B) = does not comply and/or understand
Meet (M) = understands and performs most of the time
Exceed (E) = understands and performs all the time
1. Demonstrated properly lifting techniques, when applicable.
Scoring Performance Estimate
Below (B) = less than 0 Meet (M) = greater than 0 but less than +10 Exceed (E) = greater than +10
Skills in Methods
Below = somewhat clumsy, adds motion, fumbles, hesitation, errors
Meet = follows methods, proficient, consistent, steady, average
Exceed = precise and smooth, quick and sure, reduces motions, smart, perfection
Below = slow, not best effort, slow motion
Meet = steady, enthusiastic, average
Exceed = fast, focused, sometimes too much
Below = does not try to avoid delay, exceeds delay allowances, stops working to talk
Meet = minimizes delay by following the methods, continues working while talking, sometimes successful at avoiding delay
Exceed = eliminates delay by eliminating motion, always works - never talks, always successful at avoiding delay
5-Step Coaching Model
1) Convey Positive Intent
2) Describe behavior and actions observed
3) State impact of desired coachable behavior(s)
4) Ask associate to respond
5) Focus discussion on solution
Was a Coachable Moment Observed:
Coachable Behavior (Additional notes about employee's performance during this observation)
Quality Audit by Manager
CMO Quality Feedback