Skill in Methods
Not Applicable (N/A)
Below (B) = somewhat clumsy, fumbles, hesitations (loses time)
Meet (M) = steady, proficient, average (neither gains or loses time)
Exceed (E) = safely reduces motion, quick, smooth (gains time)
1. Receive assignment from Supervisor / Ops desk.
2. Prepare trailer for unloading.
3. Open dock door and apply dock plate.
4. Unload multiple pallets, not exceeding site-approved batch size, to nearest staging area.
5. Check product temp (tail, middle and end).
6. Check product condition for damage, product and date code errors.
7. Set aside any pallets that can not immediately be made putaway ready.
8. Ensure inbound pallets are properly wrapped for putaway.
9. Apply pallet tags in batches, ensuring accurate tag placement to avoid tagging errors.
10. Enter product info into VMU.
11. Scan tagged pallets, ensuring all inbound pallets are scanned for receipt.
12. Continue batch unloading process until all pallets are putaway ready.
13. Correct inbound pallet discrepancies, documenting extra work on ESI sheets, as applicable.
14. When un-loading complete, retract dock plate and close dock door.
15. Complete and return inbound paperwork.
16. Report inbound load completion to Supervisor / Ops desk.
Safety remarks required
Scoring Safety Elements
Below (B) = does not comply and/or understand
Meet (M) = understands and performs most of the time
Exceed (E) = understands and performs all the time
Scoring Performance Estimate
Below (B) = less than 0 Meet (M) = greater than 0 but less than +10 Exceed (E) = greater than +10
Skills in Methods
Below = somewhat clumsy, adds motion, fumbles, hesitation, errors
Meet = follows methods, proficient, consistent, steady, average
Exceed = precise and smooth, quick and sure, reduces motions, smart, perfection
Below = slow, not best effort, slow motion
Meet = steady, enthusiastic, average
Exceed = fast, focused, sometimes too much
Below = does not try to avoid delay, exceeds delay allowances, stops working to talk
Meet = minimizes delay by following the methods, continues working while talking, sometimes successful at avoiding delay
Exceed = eliminates delay by eliminating motion, always works - never talks, always successful at avoiding delay
5-Step Coaching Model
1) Convey Positive Intent
2) Describe behavior and actions observed
3) State impact of desired coachable behavior(s)
4) Ask associate to respond
5) Focus discussion on solution
Was a Coachable Moment Observed:
Coachable Behavior (Additional notes about employee's performance during this observation)
Quality Audit by Managers
CMO Quality Feedback