The hazard inspection must be conducted by a Supervisor and/or Safety and Health Representative and/or an employee, as follows:
1. For EVERY inspection requirement, indicate the item as compliant (C), Non-Compliant (NC) or Not Applicable (N/A)
2. For every non-compliance identified, provide the location and a description in the comments section. Note: Include positive comments on section. Note: Include positive comments on compliance, not just negatives
3. Enter defects or non-compliances in the applicable site registers, i.e. electrical equipment defects must be entered into the Electrical Register
4. At inspection completion, discuss the non-conformances with the Area Superintendent and determine an action, completion date and responsible person - enter this in the agreed actions section of this form
5. Forward the completed inspection to the Safety Department
6. The Safety Department is to check that ALL identified non-conformances for that month have been corrected and or entered into INX.
For the purpose of this inspection, if no WAH tasks are being undertaken, refer to the most recent WAH permit for applicable inspection points
Are JHA’s for working at height tasks completed correctly (i.e. Do the tick boxes correspond with the described task, are hazards individually risk ranked)?
Has a working at heights procedure been developed and is available?
Are working at height permits completed correctly (i.e. Is the scope of work clearly identified, have the applicable signature been obtained, etc.)?
Does the JHA and Permit clearly define the emergency response action to be taken in the event of a working at height incident?
Have the relevant employees on the working at height permit received Nationally Accredited Safely Working at Heights Training and is this documented on site matrices?
Do the site matrices detail the licenses of employees who undertake high risk work? (e.g. EWP)
Is there a register and schedule for six monthly fixed anchor point inspections?
Have fixed anchor points been inspected?
Are pre-use inspections undertaken prior to using fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards and anchor points?
Are pre-use inspections undertaken and documented prior to using an EWP to ensure there are no defects and it is safe for use?
Does fall protection equipment have a current test tag attached?
NB: refer to guide below
Dec- Feb = RED / Mar- May = GREEN / Jun-Aug = BLUE / Sep-Nov = YELLOW
Is suitable working at height equipment available for workshop tasks?
Audit One (1) piece of Working at Height equipment (EWP) to ensure pre start book is being completed correctly.
Audit One (1) piece of Working at Height equipment (EWP) to ensure operators manual is available in machine.
Are ladders and work platforms available and in good condition?
Are temporary handrail systems available and in good condition?
Hydraulic / Fixed Stairways
Enter Make, Model and Asset Number
Are hydraulic / fixed stairways fitted on mobile plant and adequately maintained?