1. Answer the applicable questions below.
2. Add photos and notes by clicking on the paperclip icon.
3. To add a Corrective Measure click on the paperclip icon then "Add Action", provide a description, assign to a member, set priority and due date.
4. Complete audit by providing digital signature.
5. Share your report by exporting as PDF, Word, Excel or Web Link.
1. Is a Health & Safety notice board in place & up to date?
2. Are recent Safety Alerts displayed on site?
3. Are staff aware of recent safety initiatives? i.e. Don’t Walk By, Stop Campaign, Safety Observation targets?
4. Are staff aware of incident reporting procedure? (Incident Hotline Poster & Escalation Flowchart displayed?)
5. Do staff receive feedback on incidents that they have reported including remedial actions?
6. Are walkways clear & free from obstructions i.e. deliveries, waste bags, stored equipment etc.?
7. Is flooring/walkways/steps (internal & external) are in good condition & not damaged?
8. Are all areas (including store-rooms & plant rooms) tidy & well organised?
9. Have trip hazards &/or head bumping hazards been eliminated or are highlighted with signs/warnings?
10. Are there any trailing leads & other equipment creating a trip hazard?
11. Is signage displayed in areas where work is being carried out i.e. wet floor signs etc..?
12. Are spills &/or leaking equipment dealt with immediately & appropriate action taken?
13. Are lighting levels appropriate & have faulty bulbs/tubes been replaced?
14. Are barriers used to prevent access to work areas where appropriate?
15. Are items stored in appropriate locations with heavier items at a lower level?
16. Are Risk Assessments available to staff for all work tasks?
17. Are Method Statements/Safe Systems of Work or Local Operating Procedures available for high risk tasks?
18. Do staff work safely & follow the Risk Assessment & Local Operating Procedure?
19. Are all chemicals in clearly marked containers with appropriate labelling including hazard information?
20. Are COSHH Assessments & Safety Data Sheets available on site/via Sypol for all substances in use?
21. Are chemicals held securely to prevent access to unauthorised persons or spillage, e.g. locked & bunded?
22. Have staff received appropriate training in the safe use of substances that are used on site?
23. Are spill kits available & are staff trained in their use?
24. Have staff received manual handling training within the last 3 years?
25. Are there adequate mechanical handling aids available (i.e. trolleys) & are staff trained in their use?
26. Are there adequate numbers of trained fire wardens & First Aiders/Appointed Persons? Notices are up to date?
27. Are first aid boxes in their allocated places & adequately stocked?
28. Has there been a fire drill carried out & recorded in the last 12 months?
29. Are all fire exits clear, have the correct signage and are free from obstructions?
30. All of the required PPE (including safety footwear) is available for all staff, in good condition and being worn?
31. Are staff competent to carry out their work activities & an up to date training matrix is available?
32. Have staff have received a H&S Induction within the first 3 months?
33. Do staff receive monthly Toolbox Talks?
34. Has all electrical equipment been portable appliance tested (PAT) tested within the last 12 months?
35. Is all work equipment in good condition & appropriate for tasks carried out?
36. Is all access equipment, e.g. ladders, listed on a Register & formally inspected within the last 6 months?
37. Have all staff that use a PC completed a DSE Self-Assessment within the last 12 months & actions dealt with?
38. Are all sub-contractors RAMS reviewed and approved before work commences on site?
39. Do all sub-contractors receive relevant site information (Induction, Permit etc...) as part of setting to work process?
40. Are all sub-contractor activities monitored to ensure contractors are working safely in accordance with RAMS?
41. Is waste held in secure areas, correctly segregated & regularly removed from site?
42. Are records available for all waste removed from site, e.g. Waste Carriers Registration & Waste Transfer Notes)
Have any other hazards been identified during the inspection?