1. The exterior of the buildings are free of trash and debris (weeds and trash)
2. Above Ground Storage Tanks (AST) and pad area is free of signs of staining, spills
3. AST'S are visually inspected for rust, leaks or any other defects-check fluid levels
4. Each fire extinguisher is readily and easily accessible, fully charged and mounted on bracket
5. Extinguishers inspected monthly (by Foley Employee) and inspector name (initials) and date recorded on tag
6. Aisles, floors, walkways (Exit Egress for Building Emergency Evacuation) are clear of obstructions
6a. Emergency Exit lights are tested and lights are working
7. Emergency Response Plan (ERP) posted on bulletin boards (Bldg. Evacuation, Severe Weather) map
8. Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection available for visitors, employees while in shop / hazard areas
9. Eye Protection worn at all times while in shop hazard areas
10. Hearing Protection worn in noise hazard areas (>85 db)
11. Protective Footwear (Workboots) worn where required
12. All storage containers (tanks, drums, etc.) are clearly marked "Used Oil", "Used Antifreeze", etc.
13. All "Secondary Containers" are properly labeled (GHS) with contents
14. All Red Oily Waste Containers (Combustible / Flammable materials) are closed and emptied every night
15. Used Oil Filters are completely drained and disposed of properly
16. Small Parts Washers (red solvent tanks) lids are closed when not in use
17. Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, diesel, kerosene, are kept in approved metal safety cans
18. Compressed cylinders are stored upright, secured and caps in place
19. Hoses and extension cords are stored properly when not in use to prevent trip hazards in the work area
20. Electrical power and extension cords are free of visible signs of damage, have grounding plug-no exposed wiring
20a. Continuity and Resistance Testing (MSHA) and Assured Equipment Grounding Testing has been completed on all power tool and extension cords / inspection labels are current
21. Fixed machinery (grinders, chop saw, etc.) are securely anchored to prevent tipping over
21a. Grinder Rest (1/8") and Tongue Guard (1/4") are adjusted properly?
22. Each grinding / cutting station has a faceshield available and Foley Safety sign / gauge
23. Each grinder displays no excessive wheel wear or visible defects.
24. Machine guards are in place (as original equipment from manufacturer) and functioning properly
25. Electrical panels (breaker, distribution box) are accessible and have a minimum of 3' clearance?
26. Electrical panel doors are closed at all times?
27. Electrical junction boxes are free of unprotected or exposed knockout plugs-covers are in place
28. Plumbed eyewash stations are accessible, have a minimum of 36" clearance... weekly inspection tag is up to date
28a. Fixed / Self-Contained (green) eyewash stations are inspected weekly for having the correct fluid level. Third Party vendor quarterly inspection current.
29. Eyewash bottles are located in each hazard area (danger of flying particles, chemicals)-Expiration date checked
30. Chains, slings and other lifting devices are inspected and have legible identification tag
31. Synthetic (nylon) slings are free of defects and ID is tag legible
32. Jack stands, blocking and cribbing are in good working order-free of defects
32a. Jack stands are marked with capacity
33. Portable step ladders are Industrial strength-fiberglass, aluminum, metal
34. Ladder Manufacturer's capacity rating sticker legible
Monthly shop cranes inspected
Visual inspection completed by: