It can be seen from the quay side and on board that the condition of the vessel with regard of the paint is
Hull, accomodation and deck aft area's are maintained
The common areas of the accommodation and engineroom found
During opening meeting with Captain and senior officers on board the Company Policies and the goals of the Management with regard to the Company, ISM explained. Also last Company Letters issued are discussed.
Is a valid Copy of the Document of Compliance (Company) available? (ISM Code 3)
Is the original Declaration of Company available on board? (ISM Code no. 3.1)
Is the procedure regarding Internal Audits known by the Master and Senior Officers? (ISM code no. 12.3)
GLSM report number of last internal audit:
Have all internal NCN's / Observations been closed out properly in GLSM and all corrective and preventive actions been done?
(ISM code no. 12.5)
Are all NOK's reported in GLSM PMS module? (Single job / defect report)
Are senior Officers aware, that deficiencies detected by external surveyors have to be reported by using the GLSM Safety Management Reporting.
(ISM code no. 12.8)
GLSM report number of last external audit:
Have all external NCN's / Observations been closed out properly in GLSM and all corrective and preventive actions been done?
Latest Survey Statement found on board:
If CoC's or Memoranda are imposed are they correctly reported to the office and is the follow up done correctly?
Result of the last PSC. Are the PSC inspections correctly reported in GLSM and are the actions carried out correctly. Did PSC already close out the deficiency? (ISM code no. 9.1)
Result of the last Flag Inspection. Are the Flag Inspections correctly reported in GLSM and are the actions carried out correctly. (ISM code no. 9.1)
Result of the last MLC inspection. Are the MLC inspections correctly reported in GLSM and are the actions carried out correctly. (ISM code no. 9.1)
01) -Availability, knowledge & implementation of company procedures, rules, regulations, and flag requirements (ISM code no. 6.4 & 1.2.3)
02) -Implementation of Risk Assessment Management Controls? (ISM code no. 220.127.116.11)
03) -Ship Shore communication and follow-up including communication with DPA. (ISM code no. 4 & 6.7)
04) -Status on ship statutory & class certification (ISM code no. 1.2.3)
05) -Shipboard familiarization & training for officers and crew. (ISM code no. 6.3)
06) -Status on contingency plan & drills including evaluation and reporting (ISM code no. 8)
07) -Status on ships. PMS for deck and engine-room including FFA and Electrical equipment (ISM code no. 10.2)
08) -Language and communication on board (ISM code no. 6.7)
09) -Specific shipboard operations for this type of ship adressed (ISM code no. 7)
10) -Master and officers familiar with the SMS (ISM code no. 6.1.2 & 6.5)
11) -Chart corrections, NTM's & nautical publications (ISM code no. 7)
12) -Master overriding authority (ISM code no. 5.2)
13) -Verify Master Review of the SMS (ISM code no. 5.1.5)
14) -Review of in- and external audit reports as appl. incl. findings and associated corrective actions (ISM code no. 9)
15) -Sample of the STCW requirements (licenses CoC's/CRA, mdical fitness, watch schedules and W&R hours etc. (ISM code no. 6.2)
16) -Management Review (ISM code no. 1.4.6)
17) -Permits to work system to be checked with CO.
18) -Engine-room administration to be checked with CE.
19) -Tour over the vessel
Company Letters issued:
PSC Concentrated Inspection Campaign (CIC) running/coming up:
-PSC CIC 2013 : SOLAS Chapter II-1 and MARPOL Annex I
-PSC CIC 2014 : Work and Rest hours compliance
The Master is fully conversant with the SMS?
(ISM code no. 5.11)
The Chief Engineer is fully conversant with the SMS?
(ISM code no. 6.4)
The Chief Officer is fully conversant with the SMS?
(ISM code no. 6.4)
Is all crew sufficiently conversant with the relevant items of the SMS System Safe Working Practices and ISM Requirements?
(ISM code no. 6.5)
Have the log books been reviewed including related documentation in Audit report and via Log Book entry?
(ISM code no. 7)
The internal audit followed a sampling process and it is possible that non-conformities may excist even in areas that have been covered by the audit. Complete crew found motivated and well cooperative. All Non Conformities and Observations reported with NO have to be reported in GLSM Safety Management Reporting Module by the Captain within 24 hrs after the audit has been completed. In addition to the above-mentioned, the Captain in cooperation with the responsible officer of the Dept. has to take timely corrective action on all NCN's and Obs. and add this in the SMR as required by the ISM code no. 12.6.
The internal ISM audit has been completed. Audit Participants as per attached Audit Participants List.