JBS Live Pork, LLC has a strong commitment to provide the best animal care both on its company-owned and operated farms and on those farms that have contracted to care for JBS pigs. All employees of JBS Live Pork and all parties who contract with JBS Live Pork to provide animal services must be familiar with and committed to upholding this Swine Welfare Policy.
I understand this portion of the Swine Welfare Policy.
JBS Live Pork, LLC has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for abuse or neglect of pigs. JBS employees will be disciplined up to and including termination and contract growers or transporters may have contractual rights terminated if abuse or neglect occurs. In order to assure that the commitments made herein are being upheld, all farms in the JBS system will be routinely audited and verified by the JBS Pork staff. Further, facilities and programs will be subject to third-party audit and verification.
I understand that there is a Zero Tolerance Policy for abuse or neglect of JBS Swine. I will be able to explain this policy to an auditor if asked.
The JBS Live Pork, LLC Swine Welfare Policy requires employees and contractors alike to:
• Follow the highest standards of animal care at all times; and
• Maintain proper training and certifications, including PQA Plus 3.0, PQA Site Certification, and TQA for transporters; and
• Maintain and operate facilities and equipment to avoid animal injury; and
• Humanely euthanize injured or suffering pigs in a timely manner; and
• Report abuse or neglect to JBS Live Pork, LLC utilizing the reporting methods set forth below.
I understand my obligations as set forth in these statements.
If a willful act of abuse, cruelty or neglect is observed or suspected, please immediately report such act to the following:
(970) 347-5650 (Voice mail box) OR [email protected]
Your call or email will be responded to as soon as possible. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may do so, but the JBS Pork Corporate Animal Welfare Committee will need adequate facts to investigate the situation, so please provide as many details as possible.
I am now familiar with the reporting mechanisms for abuse or neglect and will be able to explain these to an auditor if asked.