SCOPE OF INSPECTION:
Any work area to be used by SM Contracts LTD employees must be included in this inspection.
Areas visited infrequently but that still form part of the working environment must still form part of this inspection.
Additional space is provided at the end of the checklist required.
1. Is the floor level?
2. Is floor free from slip and trip hazards?
3. Access/Egress points are adequate & kept clear in case of emergency
4. Is the work area organised in a way that all personnel can circulate safely without confrontations/collisions?
5. Is the lighting level suitable for work tasks?
6. Is ventilation around the work area adequate (air intakes away from plant machinery etc)?
7. Is the workplace kept in a sufficient clean condition & waste materials adequately controlled?
8. Are there any high levels of noise present?
9. Do any of the work activities create an Occupational Health Risk to personnel I.e. Noise, poor posture or Occupational illness such as dermatitis, asthma etc.
10. Are there suitable facilities for eating, drinking & resting (if applicable)?
11. Are there suitable welfare facilities (I.e. Toilets, wash areas)?
12. Is adequate firefighting equipment provided?
13. Is adequate first aid provisions provided in case of injury?
14. Is there a first aid trained person on site?
15. Is there sufficient space for a mobile scaffold tower?
16. Are barriers, warning signs etc displayed where necessary?
17. Are emergency exits clearly displayed?
18. Are all COSHH substances stored correctly?
19. Is correct PPE available and worn by all site personnel?
20. Are there adequate means of communication between parties on site?
21. Is the temperature of the work environment suitable (min of 16 degrees indoors)!?