Urinary Catheter Present on admission?
Is there a Physician Order?
SCIP - Has this catheter been in place 2 days or longer? (If 2 days please request documentation to continue from physician.)
- Acute spinal cord lesion higher than S2-S4 or history of MS, Spina Bifida, that causes urinary retention.
- Comfort for end of life or Hospice
- Urologist or Surgeon order for condition of urinary tract, example enlarged prostate oredema of scrotum/penis
- Bariatric patient not able to use bedpan or commode
- Chronic use prior to hospitalization
- Ordered by Urologist to stay in place
- Assist in healing of open sacral wounds in the incontinent patient
- Order to Discontinue
Peri care completed once per shift (if possible ask patient)
Bag cover on if not in patient room?
Is the Foley bag equal or less than half full? (If greater than half full - please Empty)
Orange sticker on tubing present?
Initials on the sticker
Securement (Statlock) in place?
Tamper Evident Seal (TES) Intact?
No Dependent Loops
Tubing and bag below bladder
Bag is above floor (not touching floor)?
Education Provided and Documented
Clean port with alcohol when emptying the bag or accessing port for any reason.