1&2. Completed PJRA and performed pre-job walk around
3. Inspected hand rails to ensure they are secure
4. Checked unit for damaged, cracked or broken welds and any missing items or loose bolts. If damage was present, took pictures and sent to Supervisor. Made sure camlocks on feed tubes had primary securement (pins, if applicable) and secondary/double securement (velcro straps, zip-ties, or tape).
tubes had secondary securement such as Pins/Zip Ties/Tape/velcro.
5. Checked hoses for leaks and good operational condition
6. Checked effluent piping for leaks (if applicable)
7. Checked centrifuge case for leaks (if applicable)
8. Shut down equipment and lockedout tagged out per BOS SOP-018 Lock Out Tag Out and completed LOTO permit form.
9. Inspected all cords, cord ends, and receptacles to ensure they are clean and free from damage
10. Loosened Bolts, Safely raised Case Lid, Cleaned Case Lid and took pictures to validate step.
11. Removed feed tube, clean feed zone with brush, and verified Lid gasket is in good condition and free from excessive cracking and tears
12. Checked for cracks and wear in case baffles and case discharges and checked solids discharge ports for wear and tear
13. Checked bowl for wear spots
14. Removed guards, checked for wear and or cracking in guards, greased pillow block bearings,
15. Greased inner scroll bearings
16. Greased GS coupler if applicable
17. Checked oil in gear box
18. Magnetic plug checked for metal shavings
19. Check oil level position
20. Inspected sun shaft area for oil leakage
21. Inspected love joy coupler for wear, cracking and tear
23. Check belts for wear and cracks
22. Checked gear box bolts
23. All motor bolts tight, All case bolts tight, Pillow block bearing housing bolts tight, Feed horn bolts are secure and tight
24. Feed tube bolts are tight and All guards and lid are reinstalled and tight
25. Removed lock out
26. Energized Equipment
27. Started centrifuge at low speed and checked rotation. Once completed, machine was brought up to operating speed and checked pump rotation
28. Unit ran smooth
29. Touch screen and door cleaned and free of damage
30. Centrifuge programming functioning
31. Completed all necessary paperwork and notified supervisor of servicing being complete.
Competency Evaluation was Performed by:
I confirm that the employee/contractor has demonstrated competency and understanding of the BOS Centrifuge Service SOP.