Greeted within 5 seconds at the speaker box?
Did the employee state their name?
Did the employee suggestive sell or upsell?
Did the employee ask "Do I have your order correct on the screen?"
(18) Order confirmation system is lit up, and displaying orders as they are being keyed in.
(19) Speaker communication in drive thru is clear and easy to understand.
Provided a total and asked to pull forward?
Greeted within 5 seconds at the window?
Employee is friendly, engaging and smiling and in proper uniform?
Order was repeated before collecting?
Drink was provided right after accepting payment?
Provided a receipt with change and told about the survey?
Offered condiments, and given napkins?
Was asked "How was your EXPERIENCE today?"
Was thanked and invited back?
Total time less than 4 minutes?
Order was 100% accurate?
Proper bagging procedures were followed? Product Hot, Fresh, and Presented well?
(69) Products are wrapped neatly in the correct packaging and labeled/stickered appropriately (including special orders).
Was the parking lot and drive thru lane clean upon arrival?
(5) Drive thru lane is free of broken or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti.
Were the menu boards and directionals clean?
(6) Exterior signs and lighting are not damaged or missing, and do not present a safety hazard, no excess rust or graffiti and they are approved.
(17) Exterior menu boards are free of damaged or missing items, safety hazard, excess rust, or graffiti, and the late night menu is being display according to day part.
Drive-thru pad and window area is clean and organized?
Dumpster area clean, lids closed, recycle boxes broken down, pallets secured?
Landscaping is fresh and inviting? ie. cigarette buts, trash etc.
Sidewalks are clean and in good repair?
Windows, window ledges and doors are clean? Window blinds are at the same level, up or down when appropriate.
Building exterior and parking lot within standards, well lid and free of damged/missing items and safety hazards.
(1) The parking lot striping and handicapped graphics are visible.
(2) Parking lot is free of pot holes, cracks, standing water, or any other items that is a safety hazard.
(3) The outdoor dining area is free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust or graffiti.
(4) The building exterior is free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, and excess rust or graffiti.
(7) Exterior lights and signs as properly illuminated.
Is proper POP displayed and in good condition? Now hiring and all door signs look good? No handwritten signage?
(20) Exterior POP elements are free of wrinkles, tears, bubbles, damaged or missing items, safety hazards, and excess rust or graffiti.
Hours of Operations are properly displayed?
Guest are being greeted within 5 seconds at the front counter?
Employee is friendly, engaging and smiling and in proper uniform?
Employee suggestive or upsell to each guest?
Employee repeated order before collecting?
Employees wait at the counter for guest to pick-up order and offer appropriate parting comment?
Employee thanked and invited customer back?
"table touching" is conducted when appropriate?
All employees are in proper uniform. Hair ties, shirts tucked in, belts, name tags, shoes for crews, etc.
Music is on and at an appropriate level?
Dining room is at an appropriate temperature?
(11) The dinning room temperature is (65-75 F). Check thermostat.
Tables and chairs are clean and organized?
Ceiling vents are clean?
Floors and baseboards are clean?
Drink station is clean and stocked?
(12) The drink station and condiment bar are free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, and excess rust, or graffiti.
All lights are working inside the restaurant?
(8) Interior signs and lighting are free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti and are approved.
(9) Interior signs and lighting are properly illuminated.
Are fixtures clean and in working conditions?
(10) The dinning room is free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, and excess rust or graffiti.
(13) The dipping sauce bar is free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti.
(14) The display case is free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti.
(17) Interior menu boards are free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti.
(20) Interior POP elements are free of wrinkles, tears, bubbles, damaged or missing items, safety hazards, and excess rust or graffiti.
Restrooms are cleaned and stocked? - they are free of graffiti & bad/unpleasant odors and walls, floor and & coves are clean and in good condition.
(16) The restrooms sinks have hot water, and are stocked with toilet paper, paper towels or hand dryer and soap.
Ceiling vents are clean
Are fixtures clean and in working conditions?
(15) The restrooms are free of damaged or missing items, safety hazards, excess rust, or graffiti, and free of unapproved graphics or supplies.
Outside elements are in good repair?
Dining room elements are in good repair?
Restroom elements are in good repair?
HACCP is updated and properly completed for past 5 days?
Working thermometer available with backup?
PIC is physically able to demonstrate how to properly take critical temps of fryer, POU, walk ins, rice, fish, shake machine, smoothie machine, grill and patties?
PIC able to communicate how to properly take corrective actions (if needed) after taking temps.
PIC able to describe all "Criticals" of food safety (knows what to look for and how to take proper corrective action).
1.-No hands are used to touch raw hamburger. (Meat tongs only. If employee is wearing gloves this is still considered substandard).
2.-Final flip and visual check on all raw hamburger patties performed correctly and consistently (no pink or red meat); juices must be clear.
3.-No employees are ill ( nauseous, vomiting, diarrhea or jaundice).
4.-Hands must be washed only at the hand sink(s) using soap.
5.-After using the restroom, employees wash hands twice (in the restroom and again upon entering the kitchen).
6.-Employees wash hands at the beginning of the shift and after returning from break.
7.-All employees including management inside the restaurant involved in food handling or preparation, ingredient prep, guest service and dishwashing
must wash their hands within 15 minutes of the timer going off.
8.-The restaurant is free of any imminent health hazard while operating; a. No sewage/standing water present on floors; b. No water available; c. No
rodent/roach infestation; d. No unsanitary conditions; e. No power; f. No fire.
Are zip ties (where applicable) and white tips cut as per standards on ice tea dispenser(s).
Proper grill procedures being followed? Final flip and visual checks?
Hand wash timer is on and running at all times?
Proper hand washing observed? Ask newest member of the team to demonstrate.
Complete, washed and air dried set of back up utensils available at all times?
Chemicals properly storage?
Store free of cross contamination risks?
Proper grill/assembly procedures being followed?
(39) Products are never removed before timer sounds.
(41) Products are not sitting over the fryers or in a transfer pan getting cold.
(48) Flat grill presses are scraped, rotated and allowed to reheat for 2 min after each cook cycle.
(50) Patties are seared with sear tool after being placed on grill and timer button has been pressed.
(51) Grill is scraped after cook cycle is complete.
(52) Clamshell grill is scraped and Teflon squeegeed after every cook cycle.
(55) Grill products are flipped at the flip time (if applicable).
(56) Products are never removed before timer sounds.
(58) Products are not sitting on a spatula or in transfer pan getting cold.
(59) The hold/stage timer is activated immediately after products are placed in the holding/staging unit.
(61) Grill products/I gradients are discarded when hold/stage time expires.
(62) HELD/STAGED grill products are rotated correctly.
(63) HELD/STAGED grill products are held/staged as per recommended maximum quantities.
(65) No resetting of the timers without discarding product.
(72) Sandwiches are assembled according to procedures: No more than 4 at a time, per tray, per person working the assembly position.
(73) Bread is not toasted until protein is ready to assemble product.
(74) Protein is place on sandwich last, then immediately closed and wrapped.
Proper timers are in use on products?
(38) Cook timers are programmed correctly.
(40) HOLD/STAGE timers are programmed correctly.
(42) The hold/stage timer is activated immediately after products are in the holding unit.
(43) No products are held without a timer.
(44) HELD/STAGED products are rotated correctly (using FIFO).
(54) Cook timers are programmed correctly.
(57) HOLD/STAGE timers are programmed correctly.
(60) No products are held/staged without a timer.
(64) Only approved, working holding/staging system units are in use.
Bacon procedures followed and prep adequate?
(75) Bacon is cooked according to procedures.
(76) Bacon is crispy.
Products within standards - look fresh, assemble and held properly?
(66) All ingredients and products meet visual quality starters or are labeled appropriately as required.
(67) All toasted products are warm, appropriate color, and texture.
Sauces are in appropriate/correct bottles and tips? (Refer to bottle job aids).
Proper egg procedures followed for cooking scrambled and fried eggs? Ask employee to demonstrate.
All Grill proteins look appealing
(46) Grill products are are appropriate color.
Burger seasoning chart posted and grill employee demonstrates proper seasoning technique.
(47) Patties are properly seasoned.
All buns are within proper dates, properly toasted and meeting quality standards?
(71) Bread products and biscuits are buttered before toasting.
Fryer products look appealing, cook and stage properly.
(33) Fryer products are of acceptable color.
(34) Fryer products are not smashed, broken or crumpled together.
(35) Tacos have enough lettuce - shell edges stand apart at top.
(36) Taco sauce - line across lettuce, edge-to-edge.
(37) Tacos are bagged correctly with no visible grease or sauce on exterior of bag.
(45) HELD/STAGED fryer products are held/staged as per recommended maximum quantities.
(65) No resetting of timers without discarding product.
Oil quality up to standards?
Behind and under equipment is clean, grill flue is clean, hood vents are clean?
Grill clean top to bottom and looking like a shiny fire engine?
(23) Fry bin/Fry holding station keeps food temperature at 140 degrees or higher.
(24) Pass-thru Warmer or Stone surface is hot and not broken.
All toasters clean, belts changed, and maintained correctly?
(25) Bread grillers and/or dual toasters are working properly.
(26) The Bread Griller or toaster's Teflon sheet does not have any tears.
(27) The Teflon sheet is free of excess carbon build up.
(28) Batch toasters are working properly and are free of broken or missing pieces.
(29) Batch toaster spatulas are free of excess carbon build up.
Protein holding cabinet and microwaves clean and well maintained?
(30) Assembly Holding Units are functioning properly. Product temperature should be at least 140F.
(31) Protein Holding Cabinet is functioning properly. Products temperature should be at least 140F.
(32) Portable Food Warmer Units are functioning properly. Product temperature is at least 140F.
(21) Coffee Machines are working and free of broken or missing pieces.
(22) The coffee temperature is 178-201 degrees F.
(49) Carbon build up on presses does not cover more than 50% of the surface.
(53) Clamshell grill platens are maintained free of carbon build up and Teflon sheet used appropriately.
Salads are of good quality and properly dated?
Setups weights are accurate? Spot check one of each setup for weight and quality and meet visual specifications per job aid.
(68) Products are portioned and assembled correctly according to established build.
No expired product? Proper dates and product rotation?
Prep conducted on a clean/sanitized surface?
Employee working on only one product at a time?
All products being properly defrost?
(70) Defrosting procedures are being followed appropriately for all frozen ingredients needing thawing.
Products are being put back into refrigeration before 15 min?
All produce meet visual check?
All products were available for our guests?
Check soda nozzles/ice machine and determine what time of day/ month they are regularly cleaned and sanitized.
(77) Ice machines are clean and free of mold.
(78) Drink nozzles are clean and free of mold.
Stored dishes are clean and organized? Dish and prep area clean and organized!
Break room is clean, organized and inviting? CBT is working, comfortable chairs etc.
Dry storage is clean and organized? Walk in and freezer clean and organized?
Mop sink and mop area clean and organized?
Floor, drains and ceilings are clean and in proper condition?
Walls and vents are clean and in proper condition?
Inspect for pest activity / potential concerns?
Notes -Miscellaneous - Other
Kitchen / Fryer elements/equipment are in good repair?
Prep elements/equipment are working properly and in good repair?
(79) Is all restaurant equipment in use approved by JIB.
Is the store properly staffed for the rush today?
Build to charts are updated and in use? (Highlighted and crossed out)
Prep list is utilized daily? Prep job aids posted and readily available?
Communication board is updated?
Schedule posted on time and adequate part time staff to cover the needs of the business?
Previous Health Inspection posted and violations have been corrected?
Non-negotiables sign off sheet or job aid available?
Equipment maintenance chart available and in use?
Walk-thru chart available and in use by shift?
Oil calendar filled out, executed properly and understood by team?
Hourly sales and labor worksheet is being filled out?
Food safety cards available?
Prep set up job aids?
Assembly job aids - breakfast and lunch?
Batch toaster job aid?
Defrost and hold times
Fryer filtering job aid?
Fryer product quality job aid?
Laminated certifications and best practices?
Portioned weights job aid?
Sourdough and artisan bread job aid?
Taco acceptability chart jib aid?
Say yes to the guest - DT and Front Counter job aids?
Is stand bank accurate?
$20 bills or higher are being secured in drop boxes and drop boxes are in good working conditions?
Restaurant keys in possession of PIC?
Is back door properly secured?
What can happen to an employee that reports a fraudulent claim?
Why is it important to wear the correct back support belt & wear it properly?
Why do we close/open doors slowly?
Why don't we put frozen tacos in the fryers?
How far should the oil level be on fryers? Why?
Why don't put a knife in a sink full of water, dishes and detergent?
What is the proper way to use a box cutter?
Ask team member to give and explain at least 3 different best practices we do at jack to prevent slips & falls.
Best practices include but are not limited to:
Wearing slip resistant shoes
Having "wet floor" signs while moping and putting them away after floor is dry
Keeping walk-in freezer free of ice build-ups
keeping walkways free of trash, boxes, bread racks, debris, etc.
What is the safety topic of the month?
EE is able to describe and explain the tool(s) and its corresponding material we have in place to roll out the Monthly Safety Topics?
(80) EE is able to answer 5 questions from laminated certifications
Summary of the visit