Area is clean and sanitary
No bugs in lights
Surfaces free of dust
No items stored under sinks?
Equipment / Furniture:
* No broken equipment or furniture stored on the patient care units.
* Coverings are intact - no rips or repairs needed.
Hazardous rooms are locked: EVS closets, supply closets, mechanical rooms and electrical panels.
Hazardous chemicals and flammable agents are labeled and stored properly.
Eyewash stations: Inspection tags are present and up to date.
Refrigerators: Contain only those items designed for that refrigerator (specimen, medications or patient food)
Refrigerators: If manually monitored, logs are complete. Both manual and temp track-documentation is present for actions taken to correct out of range temps.
Plugs and elective receptacles are in good condition
Electrical cords in good condition
No evidence of daisy chain
No outer shipping carton boxes in patient care areas.
No expired items.
* Equipment checked with up to date bio-med sticker.
No evidence of trip hazards
Sprinkler heads are free of dust
Sprinkler heads have escutcheons or guards as needed
Smoke detectors are 36 inches from intake or exhaust
No fire wall penetrations
Alcohol foam is at least 6 inches from ignition source and at least 4 feet apart
Appropriate storage of boxes and pt care items:
* Not directly on floor.
* 18" clearance from ceiling
* Boxes stored on shelves close to floor must have solid bottom and high enough to not incur water damage from mopping.
* Volume of combustible material is not stored in large quantity as to create a fire hazard.
Oxygen or other combustible compressed gas cylinders are stored properly:
* Secured in floor stand, carrier or secured to the wall by a mount. (not laying on the floor or against wall)
* Limited to 12 E-cylinders per smoke compartment.
* Greater than 12 stored in a secured room.
Fire exits and hallways are cleared:
* Egress corridors must have 4 ft clearance.
* Equipment in corridors must be actively accessed to be in use.
Fire alarm pull stations, fire extinguishers, medical gas shutoff valves are not blocked.
Fire extinguishers have been inspected monthly.
Fire doors are not blocked or propped
Fire doors close properly
Exit signs are illuminated.
Evacuation route posted & current.
Ceiling tiles are in place, no cracks, holes, misaligned or visible stains.
Floors, ceilings, walls, and other surfaces intact and free from holes.
There is 36 inch clearance around electrical panels