Person in charge at time of inspection
- Email to above address.
- Not sent.
- Post to subject premises.
- Ear Piercing.
- Body Piercing.
- Blood Testing.
- Cosmetic Tattooing.
- Beauty Therapy.
1. Premises are clean and hygienic
2. A hand wash basin is provided with warm running water via a common spout
3. Floors and walls are constructed with a material that is durable, smooth, impervious to moisture and capable of being easily cleaned
4. Walls behind hand wash basins, sinks and shampoo troughs have impervious sheeting or tiled splash back which extend from floor level to a height of 450mm above unit and 150mm on either side of unit
5. Construction of premises are free from open joints, gaps, cracks, crevices and generally kept in good repair
6. Premises are provided with adequate ventilation
7. Shelves, fittings, fixtures and and furniture are covered with a material that is durable, smooth, impervious to moisture and capable of being easily cleaned
8. A sink is provided for the cleaning of equipment
9. Equipment is clean and stored in a clean, dry and dust free environment before reuse
10. Hospital grade disinfectant is used to clean equipment and is within the expiry date
11. Clean linen, garments and towels are used on each client
12. Soiled and clean equipment re stored separately
13. Cleaning equipment is maintained in a clean condition and in good repair
14. Chemicals are stored in a cool, dry and well ventilated area
15. Waste disposal bin(s) are provided
16. Sharps bin is provided for disposal of sharps
17. Soap and single use towels are provided to hand wash basin/s
18. Hands are washed immediately before and after attending to a client and before attending to the next client, or if the procedure is interrupted
19. Operators are not eating or drinking while attending to clients
20. Animals are not in rooms where procedures are carried out
21. No smoking in public access areas
22. Cuts and abrasions are covered by a clean waterproof dressing
23. Clean clothing is worn at all times
24. Personal protective clothing is worn when necessary
25. Equipment (non penetrating) is cleaned after each use with detergent, warm water and physical action and dried before use
26. Sterilizer is provided to sterilise re-usable equipment i.e. autoclave / dry heat steriliser only.
27. Articles used to penetrate the skin are sterile before each use
28. Articles used to penetrate skin are sterilised before re-use or disposed of immediatley
29. Single-use disposable items are disposed immediately after use
30. New sterile gloves are worn for direct contact with sterile items and during procedures
31. Records are kept for each sterilisation cycle maintained (time, date, length of time, temp, pressure of utoclaving)
32. Ear piercing guns are used for only piercing ears
33. Approved skin antiseptic is used to prepare skin and is within expiry date
34. Single use disposable gloves are worn during procedure and disposed of immediatley
35. Wax is disposed of immediately after procedure
36. Single use spatulas are used once only and not re-dipped
37. Re-usable equipment is cleaned appropriatley between each use
- Nil - Premises satisfactory.
- No reinspection required - ensure all abovementioned non compliances are attended to prior to next routine inspection.
- Reinspection 24 hours.
- Reinspection 7 days.
- Reinspection 14 days.
- Reinspection 28 days.
- Reinspection 60 days.
- Reinspection 90 days.
- Reinspection 180 days.
- Warning letter.
- 9367 9076
- 9367 9073