Work \ Job \ Task Specific Location:
1 The JSA must be reviewed/revised daily, after a stoppage in work, or if work conditions change (i.e., weather, change in plan, etc.)
2 Changes, new identified hazards and/or JSA revisions must be communicated to all team members.
3 If identified hazards cannot be controlled by the JSA, STOP WORK.
4 When existing JSA is used, it must review and revised to identify current hazards
5 Completed JSAs and attachments must be maintained for at least one year.
6 A debriefing should be performed after the job has been completed and any lessons learned captured and communicated for use in future JSAs.
ENERGY ISOLATION - LOTO
OTHER: (ie, cold work, open water, non flame, etc.)
List permit required
Visited the work site?
Completed Pre-Job Planning/Potential Hazard Checklist and ensured appropriate hazard control methods implemented?
Has everyone involved in the work particiapated in the JSA process?
Has all personnel been assigned specific responsibilities and those responsibilities communicated/understood by all team members?
JOB DESCRIPTION (general)
Type of gloves
Safety Harness / Fall Arrest
For each identified hazard, you should always attempt to address/control using the below methods in the following order:
1. Eliminate or remove the hazard when and whereever possible.
2. Substitute- if the hazard cannot be eliminated or removed, can we use a less hazardous substitute?
3. Engineering Controls- if the hazard cannot be eliminated or a less hazardous substitution used, can we incorporate an engineering control device i.e., physical guarding/barrier that prevents access/exposure to the hazard? Wherever possible, "engineer out
4. Administrative Controls- This is an important element but DOES NOT guarantee anyone's safety.
Examples include: Training, policy & procedures, safety/JSA briefings, verbal instructions/directives, etc
5. PPE- Ensure that the appropriate level of PPE is provided and used based upon the associated risk/hazards.
Job Sequence - Task Breakdown (be specific & detailed)
Responsible Person(s) (be specific)