Short visits for CIC
All navigation equipment is working condition
- Radar (X / S Band)
- Echo sounder
- Doppler Speed log
- ECDIS (Includes eNP updates and ENC updates)
Does the SOLAS training contain ship specific information for all safety equipment
Able to view the magnetic compass reading from the bridge.
Is the SOPEP list of contacts for coastal states up to date.
Is there a Declaration of the working language in the deck / engine log book?
Is there a procedure for conducting risk assessments and issuing of permits. (Officers to explain this procedures)
Are all CoC holders holding a valid Certificate of Endorsement (CoE) in accordance to the Registry of the vessel?
Are all records for PMS items in the AMOS logged down in the history for easy reference?
- Includes pictures of servicing and service reports from third party Technicians.
Are all Filipino crew have a valid POEA?
Is the Rescue boat lowered and manoeuvred? Ensure proper records with pictures are in the AMOS.
- To Includes inspection of RB equipment being inspected and ready for use
Port / Stbd side light compartment painted in mat black?
Are all the chrismas tree / navigation lights primary and secondary lights working
Are all deck lighting casing cover free of trapped water?
Are all deck wiring insulated and earth?
Are all garbage bins free of leaks and corrosion?
- to also ensure that garbage are properly segregated placed in the proper bins
- any excessive garbage are to be stowed in the garbage room and tied up properly with the garbage bags labelled according to the segregation.
Are all safe means of access free of any obstruction
- to check on Emergency escape hatches and ladders
- passage ways
Are all fire doors to the accommodation and engine room escape trunking able to close automatically when activated
Is the general Housekeeping in the engine room in good condition
- No laundry lying around
- Any garbage bags with oily rags lying around
Is the crew able to demonstrate an emergency steering drill?
Is the general Housekeeping in the deck changing lockers in good condition.
- Ensure that all sea boots used for hold washing are kept properly and free from any cargo residue
- Ensure that all coveralls and clothing are kept in the lockers provided
Are all self closing sounding pipes in working condition and with out defects?
Is the fire detection system in working condition
- Ensure there is no fault on any detectors
Are all LSA / FFA equipment in good working condition.
- To inspect general condition of equipment are free of corrosion and not ceased.
Operating Instructions for all equipment to be in English.
- to check resuscitator in hospital and eye wash at various locations
Deck / Engine room free of any self modified tools
Is the Emergency generator able to put on load
- run the gen set and switch over the cargo lighting to the Emergency gen set.
Are all water tight doors in the cargo hold able to close and with out defect
Acknowledge by Master