Short visits for CIC
All navigation equipment is working condition
- Radar (X / S Band)
- Echo sounder
- Doppler Speed log
- ECDIS (Includes eNP updates and ENC updates)
Does the SOLAS training contain ship specific information for all safety equipment
Is the SOPEP list of contacts for coastal states up to date.
Is there a Declaration of the working language in the deck / engine log book?
Are there risk assessments made out for routine jobs. (Engine / Deck)
Are all Filipino crew have a valid POEA / SEA?
Are all CoC holders holding a valid Certificate of Endorsement (CoE) in accordance to the Registry of the vessel?
Are all records for PMS items in the AMOS logged down in the history for easy reference?
- Includes pictures of servicing and service reports from third party Technicians.
Is the Rescue / Life boat lowered and manoeuvred? Ensure proper records with pictures are in the AMOS.
- To Includes inspection of RB equipment being inspected and ready for use
Are drills recorded in the AMOS with proper records and pictures?
Is the Pilot ladder provided with the appropriate certificate.
Are the latest circulars from Technical / QHSE / Bullseye / Vroon hilites / Sound Bites displayed and filed in the appropriate e-files accordingly?
Port / Stbd side light compartment painted in mat black?
Are all the chrismas tree / navigation lights primary and secondary lights working
Are all deck wiring insulated and earth?
Are all deck lighting casing cover free of trapped water?
Are all garbage bins free of leaks and corrosion?
- to also ensure that garbage are properly segregated placed in the proper bins
- any excessive garbage are to be stowed in the garbage room and tied up properly with the garbage bags labelled according to the segregation.
Are all safe means of access free of any obstruction
- to check on Emergency escape hatches and ladders
- passage ways
Are all fire doors to the accommodation and engine room escape trunking able to close automatically when activated
- Ensure that no doors are tied up and left open
Is the general Housekeeping in the engine room in good condition
- No laundry lying around
- Any garbage bags with oily rags lying around
Is the general Housekeeping in the deck changing lockers in good condition.
- Ensure that all sea boots used for hold washing are kept properly and free from any cargo residue
- Ensure that all coveralls and clothing are kept in the lockers provided
Are all self closing sounding pipes in working condition and with out defects?
Is the fire detection system in working condition
- Ensure there is no fault on any detectors
Are all LSA / FFA equipment in good working condition.
- To inspect general condition of equipment are free of corrosion and not ceased.
Operating Instructions for all equipment to be in English.
- to check resuscitator in hospital and eye wash at various locations
Deck / Engine room free of any self modified tools
Is the Emergency generator able to put on load
- run the gen set and switch over the cargo lighting to the Emergency gen set.
Are all water tight doors in the cargo hold able to close and with out defect
Is the Ballast valve line locked at the filling and discharge. A blank should be in place at the line as well.