Are personnel from the testing agency familiar with lightning protection systems? AFI 32-1065 para. A5.2.
Are test/inspections accomplished at the required frequency at all Non-hazardous Explosive Areas? AFI 32-1065 Table 1
Are tests conducted with the proper test instruments? (Note: Instruments must be able to measure 10 ohms + 10% for ground resistance tests, and 1 ohm + 10% for continuity testing) AFI 32-1065 para. 8.
Are personnel conducting the tests familiar with the location of test points and the relationships between various components of the system being tested AFI 32-1065 para. A5.8.
Are the test and inspection records kept for a minimum of 6 inspection cycles? AFI 32-1065 para. 4.3. & AFMAN 91-201 para. 2.23.
Is the LPS visually and physically inspected? AFI 32-1065 para. 9.
Are repair actions taken to render the facility safe? AFI 32-1065, para. 9.
Does the lightning protection record keeping contain the following information? AFI 32-1065 para. 4.1.
1. A sketch of the grounding and lightning protection system showing test points and where services enter the facility; does the sketch also show the location of the probes during the ground resistance test?
2. Date action was performed?
3. Inspector’s or Tester’s name?
4. General conditions of air terminals, conductors, and other components?
5. General condition of corrosion protection measures?
6. Security of attachments for conductors and components?
7. Resistance measurements of the various parts of the ground terminal system?
8. Variations from requirements of AFI 32-1065?
9. Discrepancies noted and corrective actions taken?
10. Date of repairs?
Is surge protection in place for all incoming conductors? AFMAN 91-201 para. 5.23.5.
Are utilities buried underground for a minimum of 50 feet before entering the structure? AFMAN 91-201 para. 5.23.5.