Record if each question is satisfactory - Yes, No or N/A.
To record observations tap on the question box to open a text field.
1. Are safety signs correctly displayed and in good condition?
(Emergency evacuation, fire points, PPE, warnings etc.)
2. Are floors, stairs, fire doors, walkways and evacuation routes free from obstruction and trip hazards?
3. Review the H&S establishment document. Are staff current with the required training?
4. Are break glass alarm points and fire fighting equipment easily accessible and free from obstruction?
5. Are door vision panels clear and door closing mechanisms functioning correctly?
6. Are flammable substances capped and stored in dedicated flammable cupboards (unless in use), with the quantity not exceeding 50 litres?
7. Are kitchen areas clean and tidy?
8. Are toilet and wash facilities clean and in good condition?
9. Are all areas adequately lit, including provision of emergency lighting?
10. Sample 10 portable electrical appliances. Do they have a valid test date?
11. Are electrical wall sockets, plugs and cables free of damage?
Ref HS-A3 and HS-A15
12. Are machine guards in place and in good condition?
13. Sample 5 staff. Is appropriate PPE available for the tasks being performed and the staff members compliant with its use?
14. Are the contents of first aid boxes complete?
15. Are the names and contact numbers of first aiders current and displayed?
16. Are eyewash stations fully stocked and bottles within the expiry date?
17. Are current H&S minutes available to staff?
18. Has the previous monthly walk round inspection been conducted, actions completed and signed off?
19. Are computer workstations set-up correctly and DSE assessments completed for each 'User'?
20. Are disabled facilities, alarm, lights, grab rails etc in good condition?
21. Are company vehicles in a roadworthy condition and in good housekeeping condition?
22. is the apron clear of FOD?
23. Are bowser valve/taps free from leaks with serviceable caps/lids closed unless in use?
24. Are bowser/chemicals stored away from drains?
25. Where oil bowser/drums with over 200L capacity are stored outside the hangar, are they in a serviceable bunded facility or similarly contained?
26. Are all waste oil/skydrol drip trays & containers empty?
27. Are all chemical storage areas/containers free from corrosion & leakages?
28. Are all hazardous materials stored with the appropriate signage & time-expired materials removed?
29. Are all waste containers labelled and waste appropriately segregated?
30. Are spill kits adequately stocked and locked? Is the spill response plan displayed and up to date?
31. Are mobile and deluge showers operational and in good condition?
32. Are local COSHH assessments available and up to date?
Additional comments or findings.
Send completed checklist to area team manager for review and to ensure findings are addressed and copy yourself.
You will receive a copy of the PDF inspection report. Save this in the appropriate inspection area folder on the management drive, or locally as per local area procedure.