- A coded number for use on the key pad?
- A coded bar line card for scanning?
- A verbal Identifier is used on the serving line in exchange for the meal
1. The cashier is stationed at the end of the serving line, determines the meal selection is reimbursable and counts the meal by category?
2. The cashier is stationed at the beginning of the serving line and a monitor is stationed at the end of the serving line to verify that each selection is reimbursable?
3. Is there a trained substitute or backup cashier ?
4. Is there a system in place to ensure that second meals are not claimed for reimbursement?
5. Is there more than one serving line; are the counts from all lines properly consolidated?
6. Is the maSter roster list current?
7. Are attendance-adjusted eligible students by category compared to daily meal counts for each school? (Accuclaim Edit Check)
8. When the daily meal counts by category exceed the Average Daily Attendance (ADA) is the validity of the count examined and documented?
9. Special Diet reviewed by cashier at the register to confirm proper food was provided? if no, what corrective action was taken?
1. Is there a system in place to ensure the distribution and retrieval of classroom meal rosters?
2. Are meal rosters accurately recorded at the point of sale?
3. Are meal rosters accurately tallied and accounted for?
4. If meals are entered into the register system, does roster tally agree with the system meal count reported?
Cafeteria staff delivers tally sheet before every meal and retrieved after each meal for totaling and recording into the POS system?
Meals are recorded on provided tally sheet after each individual student is served a reimbursable meal?
Is a new tally sheet provided weekly?
Red folder/ Binder with Special Diet forms and menus inside the Managers office and in the kitchen?
Special diet forms and menus out of the view of the public?
Special diet items properly labeled, stored, not past expiration date, etc?
Special diet items properly handled during preparation with respect to food safety? If no, what was the issue:
Special diet trays were properly prepared and labeled for each student (initials only)?
Special Diet pink tags are on the BIC coolers/thermals and cambros (if applicable)?
Special Diet items properly listed on Special Diet Food Production Record and stored with the other Food Production Record for that meal service.