Was a pre-job safety assessment properly completed for the job being observed ( Non routine job/task involving a forklift)
Is there a completed vehicle inspection record for the mobile equipment observed? If a second individual operated the mobile equipment during the shift, was a visual inspection conducted and documented (initialed on the inspection form)?
Are only Certified Forklift Operators using the equipment?
All devices (i.e. brakes, horn, back-up alarm, rear blue light, seat sensing devices or seatbelt sensing devices, etc.) which may affect safe mobile equipment operation were functional and properly used?
Seat belts were worn as required for the mobile equipment operation?
Ensure loads do not exceed the adjusted capacity.
All individuals observed remained clear of suspended loads.
Are Pedestrian walkways marked where pedestrians and forklifts interact as described in the site traffic management plan to progressively separate the physical flow of pedestrians and forklifts?
Safe operational practices were observed with loading and unloading operations (Looking back before moving, carrying load properly).
Were there any other forklift safety issues identified during this observation?
SAFETY VISIT CARD - CHECKLIST
- Climbing or Standing on Equipment
- Climbing through Equipment (Awkward Position)
- Ascending/Descending (Stairs, Ladders, Platforms)
- Ergonomics (Position/Posture) (Pushing & Pulling)
- Eyes on Task
- Line of Fire (Being Struck By Something)
- Electrical Hazards (Following Safe Work Practices)
- Isolation (Installation of Lockout/Tagout / Try)
- Ergonomics (Lifting/Carrying)
- Line of Fire (Caught Between Something)
- Stepping Over or Under Equipment (Awkward Position)
- Climbing Over Handrails
- Isolation (Securing or Bleeding Off Stored Energy)
- Personnel Protective Equipment (All Needed for Job)
- Vehicles & Driving (Securing Parked Vehicles)
- Vehicles & Driving (Maintaining an appropriate Speed)
- Proper Chemical Handling (Labeling, Storage, Use)
- Tools/Equipment (Correct For Job & Proper Use)
- Tools/Equipment (Good Condition or Properly Stored)
- Are Hazards Controlled (Eliminated/Barricading)
- Reaching through Handrails
- Interaction with Vehicles
- Have Hazards/Risks been Communicated with Others
- Are there any Balance Traction Grip Issues
- Pre Job Safety Assessment Used
- Work at Heights (Protecting from Fall Hazards)
- Confined Spaces (Following Safe Work Practices)
- Work Environment (Hot, Cold, Wet, Etc.)
- Are Safe Work Practices being used?
Select the level of risk: Low, Medium, High
Is there a way to do the job/task "Better" and/or "Safer"?
Follow Up Action required ? (if any, submit action plan)