Is there a completed vehicle inspection record for the mobile equipment observed?
Is the traffic plan currently used by all trucks delivering crude, supplies, chemicals or waste hauling?
Is traffic signage in place and in good condition?
All devices (i.e. brakes, horn, back-up alarm, etc) which may effect safe mobile equipment operation were functional and properly used.
Do forklift operators contact the FEL operator prior to entering the crude shed area?
Seat belts were worn as required for the mobile equipment operation.
Safe operational practices were observed with loading and unloading operations?
Are Pedestrian walkways marked?
All individuals observed remained clear of suspended loads
Does the list include all equipment safety issues identified this observation?
SAFETY VISIT CARD - CHECKLIST
- Climbing or Standing on Equipment
- Climbing through Equipment (Awkward Position)
- Ascending/Descending (Stairs, Ladders, Platforms)
- Ergonomics (Position/Posture) (Pushing & Pulling)
- Eyes on Task
- Line of Fire (Being Struck By Something)
- Electrical Hazards (Following Safe Work Practices)
- Isolation (Installation of Lockout/Tagout / Try)
- Ergonomics (Lifting/Carrying)
- Line of Fire (Caught Between Something)
- Stepping Over or Under Equipment (Awkward Position)
- Climbing Over Handrails
- Isolation (Securing or Bleeding Off Stored Energy)
- Personnel Protective Equipment (All Needed for Job)
- Vehicles & Driving (Securing Parked Vehicles)
- Vehicles & Driving (Maintaining an appropriate Speed)
- Proper Chemical Handling (Labeling, Storage, Use)
- Tools/Equipment (Correct For Job & Proper Use)
- Tools/Equipment (Good Condition or Properly Stored)
- Are Hazards Controlled (Eliminated/Barricading)
- Reaching through Handrails
- Interaction with Vehicles
- Have Hazards/Risks been Communicated with Others
- Are there any Balance Traction Grip Issues
- Pre Job Safety Assessment Used
- Work at Heights (Protecting from Fall Hazards)
- Confined Spaces (Following Safe Work Practices)
- Work Environment (Hot, Cold, Wet, Etc.)
- Are Safe Work Practices being used?
Select the level of risk: Low, Medium, High
Is there a way to do the job/task "Better" and/or "Safer"?
Follow Up Action required ? (if any, submit action plan)