Beauty (including manicure, pedicure, facial, tinting etc)
Hand wash basin with warm potable running water through single spout
Hand wash basin in treatment room/s
Hand basin situated against a wall with a durable, smooth, impervious to moisture splashback
Soap, or other substance for cleaning hands near hand basin
Single-use towels or other suitable hand drying equipment near hand basin
Clean gown or apron, or impermeable apron worn during the procedure
Single use disposable gloves worn for all skin penetration procedures
Sterile gloves used
Gloves appropriately disposed of immediately after completing the procedure
Premises are clean and hygienic
Hospital grade disinfectant being used
Facilities are adequate for keeping hairdressing/beauty treatment appliances and utensils clean
Premises provided with suitable floor coverings, shelves, fittings and furniture that is constructed/covered with material that is durable, smooth, impervious to moisture and capable of being easily cleaned
Premises provided with adequate washing, drainage, ventilation and lighting facilities
Separate sink for the cleaning of equipment
All equipment is in good working order, is cleaned and stored in a clean, dry, dust free environment before reuse
Foot spas are correctly cleaned and disinfected after each client
Foot spas components are removed and scrubbed daily
Foot spas cleaned and disinfected daily
Foot spas soaked overnight once a week
Records for each sterilisation cycle (date, time held at max pressure and temperature, any faults with cycle, operator and number of items processed)
Autoclave is serviced annually
Autoclave TGA approved
Any article used to penetrate the skin is cleaned and sterilised before being used again, or is disposed of appropriately immediately after its use
All articles, including cuticle nippers/cutters, used to penetrate the skin are sterile
Skin prepared with suitable antiseptic and allowed to air dry prior to treatment
Single use disposal able items disposed immediately after use
Wax disposed immediately after use
Wax remaining in roll on wax canister disposed of before next client
Wax applicators dipped once and disposed of
Ear piercing gun used only once for ear piercing
Ear piercing gun cleaned and disinfected after each use
Clean and soiled linen stored in separate receptacles
Sharp bin/container on site
Adequate disposal method once sharps bin/container full
Adequate toilet facilities for colonic lavage
• Satisfactory - All aspects of the premises comply with relevant legislative requirements.
• Unsatisfactory - one or more relevant legislative requirements have not been met and have resulted in unsatisfactory workplace practices. A re-inspection will be required and legal action may be considered should the matter not be citified prior to the reinspection.
• The Skin Penetration Code of Best Practice and The Guidelines on Skin Penetration published by NSW Health outline the industries best practice standards. Council advises all premises to comply with the relevant documents for best practice purposes.
• NSW Health advises that cuticle cutters are a skin penetration item that is required to be sterilised. Sterilisation can only be undertaken using an autoclave or dry heat steriliser. The sterilisation unit must comply with "Australian Standard AS 2182 - Sterilisers – steam – benchtop" and be registered with the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
• Fact sheets on procedures carried out by skin penetration premises can be found on the NSW Health website http://www.health.nsw.gov.au. Fact sheets are available in English, Vietnamese, Chinese, Arabic and other languages.
• Information on submission requirements for Development Applications, registration forms and fact sheets may be found on Council's website. Search for "Skin Penetration Premises Information" in the A-Z Index.
The Hills Shire Council Telephone: (02) 9843 0555 Email: email@example.com
129 Showground Road Fax: (02) 9843 0409 Web: www.thehills.nsw.gov.au
Castle Hill NSW 2154 DX 8455 Castle Hill ABN: 25 034 494 656
PO Box 75 Castle Hill NSW 1765