Type of Inspection?
Does swimming pool have relevant Consent?
If "No" is answered above does the swimming pool or spa comply with the SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008?
Has Swimming Pool Been Registered under Part 3A of the Act?
Does the dwelling form part of the pool barrier at any point?
Do boundary fences form part of the pool barrier?
1) Is the barrier in a good state of repair? (eg. no holes, missing panels or broken rails)
2) Is the Pool fence at least 1200mm high at all points measured from the outside of the pool?
3) Are all boundary fences which form part of the pool barrier a minimum 1200mm high measured from the inside of the pool area?
(to finished ground level)
4) The gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground is no more than 100mm
5) The gaps between all vertical members on fence and gate are no more than 100mm
6) There are no potential footholds or handholds within a quadrant radius of 1.2 metres from the top of the fence?
(measurement taken from 90deg right angle from top of fence)
7) Is there a min 900mm NCZ from the highest LOWER horizontal to the next horizontal member on the pool barrier ?
8) Is there a min 1000mm from the top of the bottom rail to the top of the pool barrier? (pool barrier must still be a minimum 1200mm)
9) Is there a minimum 300mm clearance internal to the barrier? (Not applicable for solid panel barriers)
10) Are all projections or indents on the approach side of the pool barrier less than 10 mm? (If greater, Must achieve NCZ with 900mm spacing between)
11) If perforated materials or mesh fence are used, openings must not be greater than 50mm AND must have a vertical height of at least 1.8m, topped with an angled section measuring 450mm inclined outward to the pool area.
12) If a wall forms part of the barrier, there are no openings greater than 100mm
13) Pool barrier is clear of any objects such as BBQ's, Trees, Rocks, Shrubs and Deck chairs that could help a small child climb over the fence
14) Are the access gates in a good state of repair?
15) Does the gate/s open outwards, away from the pool enclosure?
16) Does the pool gate/s self close from any openable position without manual force?
17) Does the pool gate self-latch into a fully locked position?
18) Is the latching device a minimum 1500mm above ground level?
Is the latching device located on the inside of the fence and surrounded by a 450mm shield so that it must be accessed by reaching over the fence or through a latch access point that is 1200mm above ground level?
Note: The gate latch itself must be at least 150mm below the top of the fence or latch shield access point.
19) If a shielded gate exists, is the shielded radius a minimum 450 mm from the latching device on all sides ?
20) Are all hinges which protrude out from the gate with a horizontal top surface (depth greater than 10mm) spaced minimum 900mm apart?
Alternatively, fitted with an angled capping (minimum 60* degrees) to prevent foothold potential.
21) Is the gap under the pool gate a max of 100 mm when closed?
22) Is the gate latch itself at least 150mm below the top of the fence or latch shield access point?
23) Windows which open directly into pool area with sill height of less than 1800mm from lowest opening panel to finished ground level of pool must comply with one of the following.
a) Windows must be restricted to max openings of 100mm
b) Windows must be totally covered by bars or metal screen and fixed to building with fasteners that can only be removed by a tool.
24) There is a latch on the door at least 1500mm above floor level on every door entering the pool area
25) There are no pet doors or openings to the pool area greater than 100mm.
26) The windows can only open to a maximum of 100mm
27) The windows are totally covered by bars or a mesh screen
28) The height from the sill to the lowest opening panel of a window is at least 1800mm from the ground (measured from pool area)
29) Is there an appropriate warning sign, including details of resuscitation (CPR) techniques, in the immediate vicinity of the pool area and which can be easily read from a distance of 3 metres?
NOTE: This is not a "Compliance Certificate" issued under Part 4A of the Swimming Pools Act 1992.