Main tube thickness(mm)
Test standerd :en581-1:2006 , en581-2:2015 ,en1022:2005 (for lounger)
Test level :domestic
1. safety requirements (Edges and corners&holes and gaps 7-12mm&Shear and squeeze points12-18mm)
2. Seat and back static load test (160kgs+41kgs, cycles 10,additional cycle:30mins)
3.Additional seat and leg rest static load test (seat:75kgs. Leg rest:90kgs(8cm from side edge)
4. Arm downwards static load test (70kgs,cycles 10,10s once)
5. Impact test (25kgs ,drop height 18cm,cycle:10)
6. Lifting test(100kgs,cycles1000)
7. Forward stability (6cm back from the front edge 60kgs,)
8. Rearward stability (en1022:2005, 6.6for upright back position and 7.5 for most reclined back position)
9. Sideways stability (with arms---6cm from side edge 60kgs,arm 25 kgs , Without arms----6cm from the side edge 60kgs,60cm for one force point)
a If seat and back are of one piece of flexible material (e.g. textile), only the tests on seat shall be carried out.
b If armrest is less than 15 mm wide, carry out test with 700 N.
c In the case of seating which might not fulfil the stability requirements before carrying out any tests, the applicable stability tests may be carried out before starting the sequence of tests specified in this table.
d This test is not applicable for seating with a seat height < 200 mm and a mass < 5 kg. The height shall be determined by measuring from the floor to
the upper seating area on the geometrical centre of the unloaded seat