Main tube thickness(mm)
Test standerd :en581-1:2006 , en581-2:2015 ,en1022:2005 (for seating)
Test level :domestic
1. safety requirements (Edges and corners&holes and gaps 7-12mm&Shear and squeeze points12-18mm)
2. Seat and back static load test (160kgs+41kgs,cycles 10,Additional 30mins)
3. Seat front edge static load test (Seat 75kgs,seat front edge 130kgs,8cm back from the front edge,cycles 10 )
4. Arm rest static load test (70kgs,cycles 10,10s once)
5. Leg forward static load test (Seat load 100kgs ,forward horizontal force 30kgs,cycles10,10s once)
6. Leg sideways static load test (Seat load 100kgs ,sideways horizontal force 30kgs,cycles 10,10s once))
7. Seat impact test (25kgs ,drop height 18cm,cycles 10)
8. Foot rail static test for high seating (100kgs)
9. Forward stability (6cm back from the front edge 60kgs,,forward horizontal force 2kgs, 5s)
10. Rearward stability (6cm from the back edge 60kgs,,forward horizontal force 2kgs, 5s)
11. Sideways stability (with arms---6cm from side edge 25kgs,arm 35 kgs ,side horizontal force 2kgs, 5s, Without arms----6cm from the side edge 60kgs,side horizontal force 2kgs, 5s)
12. Rocking chairs stability (load 80kgs against the back,rock the chair as far as is practicable)
a If seat and back are of one piece of flexible material (e.g. textile), only the tests on seat shall be carried out
b If armrest is less than 15 mm wide, carry out test with 700 N for contract use.
c The application point shall be at least 100 mm from the front edge. This test shall not be carried out on seating with a seat height > 600 mm.
d This test is carried out only on seating with a seat height > 700 mm.
e This test is not applicable for seating with a seat height < 200 mm and a mass < 5 kg .The height shall be determined by measuring from the floor to the upper seating area on the geometrical centre of the unload seat.
f In the case of seating which might not fulfil the stability requirements before carrying out any tests, the applicable stability tests may be carried out before starting the sequence of tests specified in this table