1. Have risks been analysed to apply hierarchy of controls, e.g. suitably enclosed work platforms, scaffold or mobile elevated work platforms (MEWP) before fall restraint, fall arrest systems?
2. Are relevant permits (where stipulated) authorised and implemented?
3. Is there evidence of inductions, qualifications and competency?
4. Is infrastructure selected and installed correctly, e.g. warning signs for fragile rooves/sky lights, guard rails, and safe access?
5. Is plant and equipment selected to right standard for preventing and protecting falls e.g. non-slip footwear, non-metallic ladders for electrical work?
6. Is the scaffold constructed in accordance with the design?
7. Are temporary platforms and scaffolds been designed and approved by an authorised and competent person?
8. Have scaffold, ladders and other temporary equipment been protected from being hit by moving equipment?
9. Does overhead work have exclusion zones/barricades, catch nets, tool lanyards to segregate and protect people from falling objects?
10. Are safe behaviours being demonstrated e.g. not complacent/distracted/rushing
11. Are anchorage points for fall arrest devices positioned to prevent worker pendulum or touch the ground?
12. Is plant and equipment stored and used correctly e.g. PPE, 4:1 set up for straight ladders secure, harnesses and helmets?
13. Is plant and equipment maintained and checked prior to use e.g. scaffold, anchor points, harnesses and MEWP?
14. Are rescue personnel, equipment and plans tested where fall arrest/fall restraint devices are used?