Determine workplace rules/procedures or other legislative requirements prior to commenciong
- Take 5
- Risk Assessment
- Australian Standards
- Code of Practice
What must an Operator do when working in exclusion zone?
- Wear Cannister tyoe respirator
- Have SCBA on Standby
Understanding safety Tag and Lockout system
- Fumigation Tags on Access/Relevant Switches
- 3m Exclusion Zone
Install signs and barricades in accordance with site requirements
- Danger Poison Gas do Not Enter
- Keep out Structure Being Fumigated
- Restricted Area 3m Exclusion Zone
Use Correct PPE
- Toxipro/Gas Detector
- Shoulder Length Gloves
- Eye Protection
- Escape Kit
- Full Face Canister Mask
- Calibration Certs
- Non Flammable Clothing
Demonstrate an understanding of HDS Components
- Emergency Stop
- Pressure Transmitters
- Airflow Controller
- PH3 Mass Flow Controller
- Nitrogen Flow Controller
- Pneumatic actuators
Demonstrate visual inspection of enclosure and hoses of HDS 800 and if any damage repairs appropriately.
- Pneumatic Lines
- Braided Lines
- Spigot ends
- Intake and Outlet Hoses
Connecting air intake hose to storage for re-circulation of internal air.(Approved Storages only)
- Any isolating valves are in correct Position
- Flexible hose to break re-circ is in good condition
- Camlocks have seals
Nitrogen and Phosphine Cylinders are in correct position and secured
- To avoid damage to fittings and lines
- To avoid cylinders falling
Turn on unit and ensure air flow direction is correct
Why do you check direction and what is the procedure to correct?
Turn on Unit and start sequence for treatment by weight/Time
- Set unit to weight/time on screem
Demonstrates connecting Nitrogen pressure regulator to the Nitrogen Cylinder and adjusts to 4.5 bar.
Connects phosphine cylinders.
Does not remove safety caps or attempt to turn on cylinders
At what stage does the operator connect the cylinders?
- Leather shoulder length Glove
- Full face canister mask
- PPE Monitor
Demonstrates pausing and continuing operation.
What options does the operator have when unit is paused?z
Demonstrates purging with Nitrogen
- Final purge prompt to close ph3 cylinders and confirm
- lines purged of ph3
- Prompt to close N2 cylinder
- Alarm when safe to turn off
Demonstrate correct work practices when working with Phosphine?
What safety precautions did operator display when handling cylinders and connections?
Accurately demonstrates how to safely remove equipment and cylinders ensuring that any loose items are secured.
- Avoid manual handling
- Use trolley and tailgate frame
- Ratchet straps to secure cylinders
- HDS secure in truck
Demonstrates post operational checks.
How often are these checks done?
Ensures site is left safe and risk areas defined.
- Outside of fumigation signs
- Any other area as deemed by the fumigator in charge
In the event of cylinder leak (Minor)
What should the operator do?
In the event of cylinder leak (Major)
- Emergency stop
- Warn and evacuate any staff on site
- Use SCBA to turn off cylinders if safe to do so.
- Report incident to AM and GP AGC
- Monitor area until Emergency services arrive
Major leak from storage during dispensing
- Pause HDS
- Ensure safety of staff on site
- Monitor risk area
- Use SCBA to repair leak
Have all the knowledge items been addressed?
Have all critical items been acknowledged?
Have the Part 1 minimum requirements for the issue of Certificate of Competency been addressed?
The candidate is Competent?