1. Fire extinguishers inspected, charged, and ready for use.
2. Fire extinguisher locations marked & free of obstructions.
3. Oil soaked and/ or flammable waste materials stored in proper containers with closed lids.
4. Liquids (degreasers, solvents) in closed and marked containers. Unmarked plastic jugs not in use.
5. Parts cleaning tank labeled & fusible link intact. Lid closed if not used.
6. Flammable liquid containers stored properly in fire proof cabinets properly grounded.
7. Cutting touch hose, back flow valves, in serviceable condition and flame arresters installed.
8. Oxygen, acetylene and other gas cylinders chained, secured.
9. Oxygen is separate from other cylinders by 20' or a fire wall
10. Gas cylinder values bled & closed (not in use) or removed from storage.
11. Used oil filters, aerosol cans, others in proper bins with closed lids
12. DOT approved gasoline/ fuel cans properly stored
13. Fire doors marked, maintained,, and in good working order. Fire doors closed and latched at all times unless using approved fire safe hold open latches
1. No frayed, damaged or cut insulation on electrical cords. Ground prong intact.
2. Electrical circuit breaker panels free of obstructions and doors closed.
3. Electrical circuit breakers marked for location of service.
4. Electrical outlet plates and switch covers in place.
5. GFCI devices tested and operational.
6. Extension cords not used in place of permanent wiring.
7. No space heaters or overworked power strips/ outlets
8. All permanent wiring and boxes properly installed.
1. Floors free of oil, grease, loose materials, slip & trip hazards
2. Floor drains covered with no wide gaps and in good repair.
3. Stairways clear and handrails secured.
4. Passageways/ hallways clear with proper lighting.
5. Outdoor walking, parking, beak areas free of hazards.
6. Anti- slip mats used where appropriate at building entrances.
7. Cords, hoses, tools stored properly when not in use.
1. Materials stored indoors neatly stacked or secured if standing.
2. Chain hoist in serviceable condition; safety clip in place on hook. Annual inspection Required.
3. Hoists, floor jacks, lifts marked for capacity and inspected.
4. Vehicle lift covers in place when not in use.
5. Guards in place on grinders / rotating and exposed parts. Tool rests properly adjusted.
6. Portable ladders are the appropriate ladder grade ad in good repair with non-skid footpads and are properly stored.
7. No broken handles or heads on tools, ie. shovels, hammers, sledges, etc.
1. Eye wash stations free from blockage, readily accessible and in working condition and inspected weekly.
2. Ceiling & wall panels are not discolored or missing, no dripping water.
3. Industrial waste in properly marked containers.
4. No runoff rom salt storage areas.
5. Exhaust hoses/ fans are operational in mechanic's area.
6. Material Safety Data Sheets are accessible to all employees at all times.
7. Restrooms are clean and in good working order with only GFCI outlets.
8. Welding areas: curtains, exhaust, helmets, spark areas, other.
9. Drinking fountains are clean and in good working order
10. No use of the floor drains for spitting or tobacco disposal.
11. Area- proper clothing and footwear on employees.
1. Who is responsible for purchasing & inventory of PPE?
2. Who is responsible for distribution of PPE ?
3. What types of PPE are available in this buildging?
4. AED's present and regularly inspected.
5. Are first aid kits readily available, supplied properly, inspected regularly?
6. Lock out/ Tag out materials are readily available
7. Red tag materials are readily available.
1. Overhead doors in serviceable condition and operating properly.
2. Exits marked with clearly visible signs and free of obstructions ( to, through, and beyond 36" min).
3. General garage lighting adequate for conditions.
4. General garage ventilation system in operable condition
5. Loft storage areas marked for load capacity and guarded.
6. Emergency evacuation/ tornado shelter locations posted and routes posted.
7. No peeling paint or hanging insulation
8. Break room clean. Kitchen equipment in good order with only GFCI outlets.
9. Lot storage in good order, covered and contained as required ( tires, scrap, trash, hazmat)
10. Wash bays; wiring, drains, lights, ladders
11. Propane tanks properly stored
12. Carbon Monoxide alarms checked and functional
13. Oil Room in good order (grounded used, spill platforms, oil spill kits)
14. Regular HVAC filter inspection and replacement has been performed.
15. Ground wire attached and grounded properly to buildging.
1. SPCC Materials available in fueling area.
2. Fire extinguisher available in fueling area inspected, charged, and ready for use.
3. Are around fuel pumps free of spills and floor dry.
4. New and used floor dry in properly marked drums.
5. Fuel dispensing equipment/ stations free of leaks and bad hoses.
6. No smoking/ turn off engine signs posted and legibe
7. Emergency shut off in clear site and posted.
8. Emergency contact list is up to date and readable with names and phone numbers posted.
9. Non sparking broom and dust pan available for proper clean up of floor dry.
1. Out Buildings and Sheds ( if separate buildings with power and water do audit sheets on them alone )
2.PERP Logs available and current.