1. All exits are unobstructed and useable, including construction area.
2. Alternate routes are identified if required.
3. All personnel have training if alternate exits have been designated.
4. Construction workers know the means of egress.
5. The means of egress in the construction area are inspected daily.
6. There is free and unobstructed means to access emergency services.
7. The fire alarm detection and suppression systems are not impaired.
8. A temporary, but equivalent, system is provided when fire system is impaired and is inspected, tested and documents monthly.
9. Before the fire alarm systems are taken out of service, steps are taken to compensate, including notification of appropriate authority having jurisdiction (I.e. local fire dept., insurance carrier, etc.)
10. Construction area is clean and orderly.
11. Temporary construction partitions are smoke tight and built of noncombustible or limited combustible material.
12. Construction area is properly restricted from the rest of the facility with appropriate signage.
13. Access to construction area is limited to authorized personnel.
14. Smoking is prohibited in the construction area and adjacent areas.
15. Storage, housekeeping and debris removal practices are enforced to reduce the flammability and combustibility fire load of the building to he minimum necessary to conduct daily operation.
16. Additional firefighting equipment and in-use training is provided to personnel.
17. A minimum of two fire drills per quarter per shift are conducted.
18. Facility-wide safety education programs are conducted to ensure awareness of any fire safety issue deficiencies, construction hazards, and interim life safety measures are in place.
19. Fire watch program is established, and personnel are instructed as to the nature of the job, and the nature of the work in progress.
1. Dust partitions intact.
2. Floors outside work area free of dust.
3. Walk-off mats.
4. Door closed.
5. Signs posted.
6. Appropriate debris transport.
7. Compliance with traffic patterns.
8. HEPA filter unit, filter clean.
9. Appropriate cover attire worn.
10. Area is secure.
11. Area is free of debris.
12. Negative air maintained 24 hours.