- Pot Hole
- Asphalting/Road Patching
- Concrete Maintenance
- Drainage Maintenance
- Retaining Walls
- Road Tubes
- Signage Installation
- Stormwater Drain Repair
Site Risk Assessment (SSRA) & Induction Record
Are traffic, pedestrian, public access controls or exclusions zones required? Has a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) been developed?
- TCP plan in place
- Qualified Traffic Controller
- Exclusion Zones - Signage, bunding, fencing
Are staff performing the work competent and authorised and if required, is supervision provided for apprentices, trainees, contractors, volunteers and visitors?
- All workers are competent
- Required persons have sufficient supervision
Are all plant, tools and equipment (including hire equipment) in safe operating condition and fit for purpose?
- Pre-start safety check
- Periodical maintenance
- Necessary equipment available (Dog catching, Wasp Spray)
- Not working alone
- Noxious weeds
- Decaying animals or plants
- Hazardous Substances/Chemicals
- Spills or leaks
Safe disposal of waste
Asbestos work procedure
Erosion Sediment control plan
All safety data sheets are available
Apart from protective clothing and footwear, is additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for this worksite?
- Traffic Vests
- Safety Helmets
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Dust mask
- Sun protection
Are other protective items required?
Are manual handling tasks involved?
- Eliminate the need for manual handling
- Mechanical Aids
- Have someone assist with the lift
Are you required to use ladders or work at heights above 2 meters?
- Attached Climbing
- Ladder secured
- Rescue Kit
- Elevated platform with competent operator
- Dial Before You Dig
- Hand digging to locate
- Clearly mark identified utilities to identify to all staff
Is work being conducted near overhead power or phone lines?
What methods will be used to reduce the risk?
Is the work to be performed in a confined space?
Minimum of two qualified staff to undertake work following SWMS and all other requirements.
Is there a risk of persons being injured or drowned as a result of the collapse, failure or flooding of an excavation?
- Shoring Benching
- Inspection of excavation & support systems
Where required have exclusion zones for the public, workers on foot and other vehicles been set?
- Set and communicate exclusion zones
- Barriers or fencing
Have contractors licences/competencies been checked?
- Working near power
All persons at this site to be consulted in this SSRA & job task SWMS and are aware of all identified hazards and control measures.
- Risk assesment communicated and signed by all persons on the job site
- All job tasks SWMS are available
Are emergency procedures communicated and understood, and appropriate First Aid facilities available.
- Emergency procedure
- First Aid Kit
- Trained First Aid Officer or means to contact emergency services available