In light of the Governor’s Stay-At-Home order, we are updating our guidance to private
early learning centers and daycares. Given the risk for transmission of the virus causing
COVID-19 in group or congregate settings, the Louisiana Office of Public Health offers
the following guidance:
- Strongly encourage all children that can stay home to do so.
- Early learning center and daycare services should prioritize support for health care workers and essential workers.
- Children and staff group sizes should be limited to 10 or less. Group sizes for infants should be limited to 5 or less.
- Outdoor groups should be separated from each other, and also follow the <10 staff/children guidance.
- Practice frequent environmental cleaning (cleaning high tough surfaces hourly) and wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Alcohol based sanitizers are appropriate when soap and water are not readily available.
- Actively monitor children and staff for any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat throughout the day. Any child with these symptoms should not participate in these programs for the duration of the illness. Only well children should attend.
- Staff members in high-risk (elderly, those with medical conditions) should be encouraged to stay home.