1. Customer is greeted in the appropriate way and with a genuine smile? (Good morning, afternoon, evening, hello, hi etc. 'Next, no greeting etc. Is not acceptable.)
2. 'Eat in' or 'Take away' is asked if the bar has seating?
3. Team member up sells/on sells appropriately & genuinely to each customer?
4. Team member confirms the amount of the bill to the customer?
5. Customer is offered a parting pleasantry- thank you/enjoy/have a lovely day etc
6. Sugar/sweetener is offered to the customer as the drink is being made?
7. Lids are fixed onto the hot cups with a napkin ensuring the barista never touches the lid?
8. Customers are warned of the hot content of the cup, when appropriate
9. If a cold drink has been ordered, the straw is inserted into the drink for the customer without the barista touching the straw?
10. Team members do not eat or drink behind the bar and apron is removed for breaks
11. All team members are wearing the correct uniform according to AMT brand standard?
12. The latest Mystery Shopper score is displayed where all team members can see it (out of site of the customers) and the action plan has been completed?
13. Bar Operations Book (BOB) is present up to date?
14. The coffee grind is set correctly
15. The dose is set to 7g of coffee per shot
16. All equipment needed for the dose & grind check is present and working. (scales, timer, espresso cups)
17. The grind & dose check been signed off in the DOM for the correct day part?
18. Single (25g), Double (50g),Triple (60g) and FW (35g) buttons dispense the correct amount?
19. Barista's tamp coffee & wipe the group handle's rim before inserting into the coffee machine.
20. Steam wand is cleaned after each use with no milk build-up/residue present?
21. There are no belly jugs or spatulas in use. Baristas use spout jugs only.
22. All milk jugs are clean, clearly labelled and are used correctly to avoid cross contamination.
23. Each milk jug has a probe with a clip
24. All milk probes in use are calibrated
25. Milk is heated to brand standard temperature (stop at 120F, resting temp 140-160F)
26. All syrup/puree bottles have the correct pumps and are clean
27. The single espresso is prepared using 2 shots of coffee.
28. Cappucino is made to brand standard (250G)
29. Latte is made to brand standard (310G)
30. Flat White is made to brand standard (360g)
31. Powder based drinks (HC,Steamer) are made to brand standard (350g)
32. Milkshakes are made to brand standard
33. Over ice drinks are made correctly.
34. Drinks are prepared in less than 1 minute
35. Exterior of the bar is clean including an A-board
36. If the bar has tables, they are clean and cleared within 5 minutes of the customer leaving.
37. interior of the bar is clean (counters, displays, fridges)
38. Are all lights in good working order and dust-free?
39. Coffee machine is clean and scale free
40. Group handles are clean without coffee residue
41. Milkshake machine is clean, dust-free, and kept topped up.
42. OJ Machine is clean and dust free
43. The bar is displaying the correct POS in accordance with the marketing schedule
44. Display units are well stocked, enticing and following the planogram, if applicable.
45. All products are labelled and priced correctly- no handmade alterations
46. The menu board is up to date, clean and has no hand made alterations.
47. Signed training modules have been filled and are present (for each employee past their probationary period)
48. Latest Brand Excellence Check action plan is available.
49. All items in the bar are within date
50. All displays and stock rooms are arranged per FIFO
51. All items are correctly date coded
52. Are 2/4hr rules applied if necessary? Can team explain the rules?
53. DOM is fully and correctly completed
54. Allergen information (latest version) is available and all team members know where to find it.
55. External audit folder is available and up to date
56. Hand washing facilities are fully stocked with soap and hand towels and aren't used for washing utensils.
57. Team members wash their hands when returning from breaks, cigarette breaks, after taking out rubbish etc.